Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slower speed than what was expected?

RWadher_20
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Slower speed than what was expected?

Having been set up as new customer over the last few days, the speeds noticed on download and upload are around 0.6-0.7 mbps (during peak time) and was promised at least 3-4 mbps as I live in a rural area. 

Is this due to the line still stabilising or is there anything you can do for me to slightly increase the speeds as currently it is quite difficult to load streaming services with current low bandwidth?

Any help would be great.

9 REPLIES 9
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Slower speed than what was expected?

How are you measuring your speed? If you are on ADSL and have a Plusnet Hub Zero then the wireless performance will be poor. Is your speed measured over an Ethernet cable between your router and a computer? If not can you perform this test?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

RWadher_20
Grafter

Thanks for getting back to me.
I am connected through ADSL Wireless and the router is a Sagecom router(small white router).
I can attach a speed test I ran through Google last night but I got speeds similar to this through Speed test and Broadband Speed test.
RWadher_20
Grafter

I can confirm that I have the Plusnet Hub Zero. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I've tested your line today and while your router is in sync at a line speed of 3.7mbps I'm seeing a very high amount of errored seconds and in the past 24 hours your line appears to be erroring every second (which is bad!)

Unfortunately our tests aren't showing a definitive cause for this so I'd recommend running through our troubleshooting guide Here as well as making sure your router is plugged into the test socket as explained Here.

If you're still experiencing problems, please report a fault to us Here giving us a nudge when you've completed it and we'll be happy to pick it up as soon as we can passing this on to our suppliers and arrange an engineer for further investigation.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Deleted as Plusnet have responded.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I don't think a wired connection would help in this instance as there are errors on the line coming into the router

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RWadher_20
Grafter

Thanks for the messages @Gandalf . Its a bit concerning that there are continuous errors on the line! 

I will try the links you have provided in your message tonight and will see what sort of speeds I get.

RWadher_20
Grafter

Speed was more of what was promised for my area which is good after running speed tests.

Will keep an eye on it as it is so early from setup but will let you know if we have more issues or drops in speed.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @RWadher_20,

I'm glad to hear that your speed looks to have improved. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you experience any further connection problems or if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team