cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slower and slower speeds over the past few months

fireballx15

Slower and slower speeds over the past few months

Been with Plusnet about five years and at first used to get decent download speeds of around 14Mbps. Re-contracted in July of this year and was given an estimated speed of 11-18 Mbps. Best I ever achieved was approx 9.5 but at least to begin with it was stable. After a couple of months, speed dropped to around 8,25 and I was getting intermittent daily drop-outs. BT Wholesale linespeed test was showing my estimated 'acceptable range of speeds' had dropped from Plusnet's original 11-18 Mbps down to 4-17 Mbps.

Spoke to an advisor on Chat after which my speed stayed at around 8-8.5, however at least it did become stable again with no more lost connections. That lasted all of six weeks or so, but about a week ago I noticed some drop-outs again and several of the regular websites I visit were taking longer to load.

Did another BT Wholesale speedtest today and noticed my speed had dropped further to 6.25. Also the 'acceptable range of speeds' had dropped even further to a rather alarming 2-7 Mbps. So, estimate speeds from 11-18 to 4-17 and now 2-7 in the space of four months. What's going on?

BTW, there is little appreciable improvement in download speed with a direct ethernet connection over wi-fi.

Can someone at Plusnet please get this sorted as I'm no longer getting anything like the download speeds I should be.

2 REPLIES 2
ruthnp7

Re: Slower and slower speeds over the past few months

I'm in the same boat, the download speeds have dropped dramatically and now I'm trying to download a file that will take hours, but a month ago would have taken just minutes. What on earth is going on with Plusnet service? I cannot work with these speeds.

fireballx15

Re: Slower and slower speeds over the past few months

Sorry, I clicked on the Fix tab in error!

Any Plusnet staff care to address my problem?

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) 'Fix' clicked in error removed.