cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upspeed

anthonysherman

Slow upspeed

I live close to the Exchange in the centre of a small town and am getting only 189mbs upload, whilst my Brother lives deep in the country miles from an exchange and gets 373mbs! (also 6090 download as against 4032 for me). PlusNet say this is acceptable - any comments?
Ant
3 REPLIES 3
Denzil
Grafter

Re: Slow upspeed

The usual response to this sort of question  Smiley - please post the line statistics from your router. Have a look at this site which gives instructions for most common routers. Seeing some real numbers will give us some clues about what is happening on your line.
anthonysherman

The only info I can get is:
Belkin N150 (New)
Type Fast Path   
  Status SHOWTIME   
    Downstream Upstream

Data rate(Kbps) 8128Kb 448Kb

Noise Margin 13 27

Output power(dBm) 121 200

Attenuation(dB) 22 10

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi anthonysherman,
I can see a number of disconnections in your logs, and the DLM system recorded a sync rate of 2500kb/s which is what has slowed the connection down. Is everything you have plugged into your phone line filtered? If so it'd definitely be worth unplugging everything and testing the router from the master socket (where the line enters the house) as that'll prove the fault to be either the router or a fault on the line that we'll need to escalate to our suppliers. If you've got a different router to test as well that would prove the router isn't the cause.
Hope that helps, please let us know.