cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload speeds

mattmurphy1979

Slow upload speeds

I have been experiencing slow upload speeds on my  ADSL. Citrix GTM and VOIP calls are unusable and online gaming is a problem.
I have just notice that my SN Margin on my upload is very high 30,4 compared to standard target of 6bB?
Also, I have noticed from reading this forum that Plusnet cap the upload speeds. How do you get the upload uncapped?
19 REPLIES 19
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Slow upload speeds

Hi,
I've just placed an order to uncap the upstream tomorrow.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mattmurphy1979

Adam,
Testing today looks promising. My upload has gone from 0.22 Mbps to 1.12 Mbps and the is now at 5,8 instead of 30 db.  (SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 5,8 / 6,4)
Really appreciated,
Thanks
Matt
sunshine118

hi there,
i too have slow upload speeds (0.36), can i have this uncapped please?
cheers
kingllewy

We have come over from BT, service has been good but we do quite abit of uploading particularly photos and also I use cloud access for work and we have really noticed the slower upload. I think previously on BT it was usually around 1mbps recent tests with plus net and it is around .3 to .4mbps. Is there anything you can do to assist along the lines of the customer above.
Thanks.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, that's two uncap upstream orders placed for @kingllewy and @sunshine118 - those will complete Monday morning for you, hope it improves things.
kingllewy

Thanks for the quick response, hopefully it helps, cheers.
grumblegoat

I'm getting UL speeds of 0.08 to 0.38, usually around 0.11, which means Skype frequently breaks up.
Can I request an uncap?
Thanks
sunshine118

hi guys,
the upload speeds seem to have reset to lower levels on my account.can these please be uncapped again.
thanks
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

@grumblegoat - Really sorry for the delayed response. It appears that DLM has managed your line and has capped your upstream as your line has been dropping historically. As your line is now much more stable, I've requested the upload to be uncapped again. This should take 4 hours to take effect.
@sunshine118 - I've just reset your line which should push your upload speeds back up, let us know if it creeps down again.
sunshine118

hi guys,
still seeing slow upload speeds. you said you've reset my line, does that mean you've un-capped my upload speeds?
cheers
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Your upload speeds are uncapped and are now showing in excess of 900Kb. Can you please run a Speed Test at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com and let us know of the results?
sunshine118

hi there,
upload is back down .014. also just had all wireless shut down for a bit and all direct line connections redirect to the router login. i have a technicolor tg 582n,
any help please
cheers
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

sunshine118,
I've had a look and your line is erroring very frequently. Your upload speed is still uncapped, however, we need to figure out the reason your line is erroring.
Can you please raise a fault here: http://faults.plus.net
Our Faults team can then investigate this for you and provide any updates.
sunshine118

Hi guys,
openreach engineer has been round and there is no problem on their end of things. my upload speeds are still low.
can we double-check that the line is at least uncapped to 1 mb for uploads please.
Alternatively could you send me through a new router as this looks like the only other reason for the low upload speeds or connection issues
cheers