cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload speed

Togman
Dabbler

Slow upload speed

Hi. Up until recently I have had download speeds in the region of 8Mb and upload speeds of 0.7 Mb. Over the last week or more my download speeds are still satisfactory, but my  upload speeds are down to between 0.2Mb and 0.3 Mb. Is it possible for you to look into this for me
5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Slow upload speed

Can you please follow the guidance under the speed issues - see link below - and post the requested information.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Togman
Dabbler

Are these what you need. Unfortunately It is not possible for me to connect to my router any other way than wirelessly. However up until these present problems my upload speeds were more than double those I'm getting now and my download speeds were consistently above 8.5 Mb. There has also been workmen working in the cabinet at the end of my estate and at various places along the route to the exchange, and it is since then that these problems have started up.
Link Information
Uptime: 6 days, 9:42:36
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 523 / 10.591
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [GB/GB]: 1,99 / 1,39
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 10,4 / 0,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 17,7 / 36,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 16,4 / 2,6
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 17 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 2 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 28.699 / 3
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 76 / 17.281
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 35 / 73.437

FAQ
Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download  Speed
7.73 Mbps

0 Mbps 21 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 7.73 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 9.34 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
Upload Speed
0.18 Mbps

0 Mbps 0.83 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.18Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.
Estimated line speed:
There's no speed estimate currently held on your account.
Current line speed:
9.3 Mb
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hmmm the profile figures are a little low for the reported synch speed.
The data transfer is a little low for the current profile figures.  makes me wonder if there is exchange congestion.  Can you set up a TBB BQM please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

You could try just rebooting the router once to try and get the upstream line rate back up.
Togman
Dabbler

Just to update. I rebooted my router and nothing changed.....exactly the same figures. This went on until it was unbearable. I'm a photographer and uploading photos became virtually impossible. I rebooted my router again this morning and up to now it appears to be ok.