cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds

Den
Grafter

Re: Slow speeds

Will post tomorrow going out now and no particular time when my connection slow or stops it's quite random.
Thanks for all the help.
Den.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

OK, if I can make any useful comments on what been posted before I will add them.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Den,
Sorry to hear that you're seeing issues with regards to slow speeds again, understandably it may be tough to troubleshoot the connection issues from an iPad however the router stats should be insightful as Anotherone mentioned.
Your line profile is looking good at 4mbps against the estimated speeds you should be seeing which are between 1mbps and 2.5mbps and a quick line tests shows that the profiles match all the way round.
On a side note, I pre-empted the possibility of this being exchange related by checking for any issues and your exchange appears to be missing from the report. I'm not quite sure what this means with regards to it not being included but I'll check this with a few people tomorrow and see what we can find out about it. Hopefully it's exclusion will be a positive but we'll have to wait and see.
Anotherone
Champion

Thanks for that Adam, that's great. Would you also be able to organise 10.2.2.B firmware to be pushed to him tomorrow?
Den
Grafter

Adam and and anotherone thank you both all help appreciated.
Could I also ask for my router firmware to be remotely updated also.
Thanks in advance.a
Den.
Den
Grafter

Router stats.
DSL Connection
Link Information
Uptime: 17 days, 16:42:27
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.1
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 5.216
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [GB/GB]: 1,99 / 1,99
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,3 / 19,9
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 27,5 / 49,0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 20,0 / 3,8
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 2.190 / -
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 1.157 / 209.559.173
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 409 / 3.850
HEC Errors (Up/Down): -09 / 3.850 / 42.133
Anotherone
Champion

Those stats are not bad for a longer line, to be frank, I wasn't expecting to see stats looking quite as good. I think getting Plusnet to push you the 10.2.2.B firmware would be the best move first, there are some minor improvements to the wireless IIRC.
I'll take a closer look back through your previous stats and post back later.
Anotherone
Champion

Almost forgot can you check your Current Line speed (Login required)
Edit: if you can run the BTw Performance test (ignore the red preamble except make sure no other programs are using the Internet) and at the end of the first run, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter just your Phone number and Run the Further Diagnostics Test. Whatever you manage do NOT reboot.  However I suspect the BTw Tester will not run from your iPad.
Do a Copy and Paste of the results and post here (no need to grab an image).
Den
Grafter

Current line speed is as follows.
Estimated line speed:
There's no speed estimate currently held on your account.
Current line speed:
4 Mb
Btw performance test not supported for iPad.
Thanks.
Den.
Speedtest result

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/1015517585
Anotherone
Champion

That profile hasn't updated as it should to 4.5Mbps. Let's try and get that sorted and the firmware update pushed.
Den
Grafter

I used to get 4.33mb download and then I think they put interleaving on because I was getting lots of disconnections, which help with disconnections but as not stopped with random slow speeds and  pauses in my internet browsing plus server disconnections when playing my ps4.
Speeds are generally between 1-3mb now but constantly spike during playing ps4 causing lag and server disconnections.
Thanks
Den.
Anotherone
Champion

Interleaving won't make any different to what the Current Line Speed should be. Your current sync speed (5216) determines your BT IP Profile (4,5Mbps as you are on 20CN) and the Current Line Speed should update to match. If there is no "Delta report" for BT's servers to Plusnet or a problem at Plusnet's end, an update doesn't happen.
Forgot to mention, the PS4,is that connected wirelessly or by ethernet?
Den
Grafter

Had it connected with homeplugs and now wireless didn't make any difference to be honest.
Also I need to correct myself got the router flashing light confused just to clarify .
Broadband stays green constantly (unless disconnects completely).
The rapidly flashing lights are the Internet and wifi lights (which happens randomly several times a day).
When ps4 connected with homeplugs the Ethernet and Internet  lights rapidly at random times serval times a day which cause serve lag and server disconnects.
Sorry for my mistake and confusion over the router.
Thanks again.
Den.
Anotherone
Champion

That's OK, with an uptime of 17 days it was obvious the BB sync hadn't dropped  Wink
With regards the Internet and WiFi light s flashing, they will when traffic is passing - flashing green.
If the Internet light starts going red or flashing red, then there could well be a problem with connection.
DanHodby
Grafter

Morning Den,
I've just updated your profile to 4.5MBps.
Are you able to PM me your current routers serial number so I can push the firmware.
Cheers,
Dan