cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds in evening

tomwatson
Grafter

Re: Slow speeds in evening

Not noticing as many dropped packets now Smiley but sppeds are still slow Sad 25Mb on speectest/10Mb on TBB single  threaded download
Hopefully mr openreach can figure out whats wrong tomorrow
Must say PN support has been very good - seriously impressed. Nice not being spoken to like a moron on the phone Cheesy
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I'm glad to hear it Cheesy
I'll be keeping an eye on things for you today, hopefully the engineer get the issue sorted out for you today Smiley
tomwatson
Grafter

Hi Chris
Engineer tested the line a few times and said nothing was wrong - i wasn't able to test the connection sat evening or yesterday but will do so tonight and report back
Thanks
tomwatson
Grafter

OK update

Slightly better but was 72Mb down when i first tested at 8pm
Thanks
tomwatson
Grafter

Speedtest net now 11Mb/15Mb/18ms
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
As per the latest update on the ticket if you could run some more BT speed tests (http://speedtest.btwholesale.com) we'll be able to push back for resolution for you.
tomwatson
Grafter

Attached is a speedtest run now - i'll do another one at 9pm hopefully you'll be able to see the difference
Thanks
tomwatson
Grafter

Attached is one from just now
usenet going 7MB/sec now so it just seems to be single threaded downloads again Sad
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hmm, are you noticing that when you're actually downloading (rather than a test file, I mean)?
tomwatson
Grafter

OK here is an update
TBB snapshot graph:
TBB 18/8/2013
Attached is BTW speedtest, thinkbroadband test file download, newsgroup download from now and newsgroup download from 3am this morning
Even newgroups with 20 connections is having trouble this time of day - the settings are the same when it was hitting 8.4Mb
Matt - i've just done a Chrome download of Windows 7 SP1 which i know can max out 75Mb and was getting 550KB/sec
Is there anything else you'd like me to try?
Thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No, thanks - that should be great for now. I'll let the agent looking after your ticket know that the speed tests have been done and link him to this thread as well, you should get an update soon.
tomwatson
Grafter

TBB graphs are showing a bit better now - no dropped packets. I;ll do some testing later this evening and report back if its any better

Smiley