Community Veteran

Re: Slow speeds afternoon and evening

jelv's quick off the mark today Tongue
B.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'd been considering posting something similar myself as reading all the posts last night it was obvious something is going wrong. Gold drops shouldn't get up to nearly 1.5%.
I wonder if they'll put a service status out - hopefully with a link to your topic!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I wonder if they'll put a service status out - hopefully with a link to your topic!

Yep, I'm certainly looking at doing that.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
paulh
Rising Star

OK I'll paste something into BZ's thread , but I'll just add the following comments  ... I struggle (have always  struggled) to run the BT Speedtest. I noted this in the ticket I raised (in which I also pasted a week's worth of results from mybroadbandspeed.co.uk -- PN's OWN speedtest as I understand things).
I've had a reply to my ticket which asks me to supply speedtests from thinkbroadband.com.
It just all seemed a bit weird that I've supplied data from PN's own site only to be asked to provide it from elsewhere.
ho hum
zubel
Community Veteran

The BT speedtester will provide us with what BT think your IP profile is, which is a very useful piece of information.
However, if you're unable to run the BT speedtester, then a couple of speedtests from different testers will be almost as good.
B.
paulh
Rising Star

That I already understand, Barry.
The point of my post was to express my surprise that PN don't suggest we use their own speedtester as an alternative ...
MickKi
Grafter

The gem is actually that they suggest another speed tester which duplicates the BT speedtester's most common point of failure (other than congestion):  it also requires JavaRoll_eyes
randpwar
Grafter

Ridiculously slow speeds again this evening.  Angry Sad
IP Profile : Your current broadband speed is 4500 Kbps
Gateway :  Telehouse North, Juniper 1" gateway. This gateway is sometimes known as ptn-ag1.
BT Speedtester not working
Plusnet speedtester 

My patience is very low indeed  Sad Sad
MickKi
Grafter

I've also filled in my severely throttled performance data in Barry's thread.  The funny thing is that the blasted BT speedtester decided to give me a higher throughput speed tonight!  Ha!
You never know - PN may balance those darned gateways and I'll eventually get my pound of flesh out of this broadband account.  If I could only get my hands on that Ellacoya geezer!  Crazy
Cartzim

In response to Barry's template (thanks for including the links to the various sources of info):
Sorry. Now pasted to Barry's thread
Cheers,
cjc
paulh
Rising Star

I think the intention was that we posted that info to Barry's new thread rather than here ?
{this won't make sense now that Cartzim has modified his post Smiley }