iqb043
Grafter

Re: Slow speeds after joining plusnet

Thanks for the update
iqb043
Grafter

Hi
Could someone look at my line please. The stabalisation period ended on sunday and i rang up to speak to someone. We agreed to request an snr reset and i requested interleaving to be enabled (for stability)
The snr doesnt seem to have changed. Could someone check to see whats happening
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi,
I've had to request that this be manually reset, please allow up to 24 hours for this change to take effect.
iqb043
Grafter

Thanks for that
Will it start low and increase if theres any issues. Or will it go top down?
Will this affect the ip profile as well or will dlm do them both together?
I appreciate your help
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem.
It'll move your SNR Target down to 6db and if there are any issues with it being set that low, DLM will increase your SNR and SNR Target to help stabilise the line, if it needs to.
Your IP Profile is dictated by your sync speed (connection rate between your Exchange and Router), this will increase when the reset goes through, your IP Profile should automatically update.
iqb043
Grafter

Thats great
iqb043
Grafter

The modem sync increased to 13mb and was running for a good 14hours. I received an email at around 1am staying that interleaving would be enabled and the modem decided to resync at the same time. The snr has gone all the back to 15dB. Quite a big jump
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi iqb043,
I've just looked at your line again. The SNR Target has remained at 6db, although your Line Quality has deterred. It looks as though something on your line is causing an issue, I can't tell what remotely.
I would suggest raising a fault so our Faults Team can work out why this is happening and look to get that fixed.
iqb043
Grafter

Hi
Im not able to raise a fault. This keeps coming up
Broadband Troubleshooter - Error
There's been a problem
Please try using the Broadband Troubleshooter again in a short while. If you continue to have problems please contact our Support Team for help.
iqb043
Grafter

Just to add
Two days ago when the modem was syncing at 12mb,  the bt and plusent profiles were 11.45mb, but the thoughput speeds were still 6.5ish. As if it was at 15db snr (like before, but modem showed 5-6snr).  Speedtests were run multiple times
Im not sure if it help but thought id mention it
iqb043
Grafter

Anyone?
iqb043
Grafter

Could someone please see whats happening? The ticket seems to have been created even though the error message came up. Nothing yet from the support team.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We've got a record of your ticket (Ticket: 86283560) which will be picked up within the next 24 hours.
From what I can see; your SNR Target is set at 6db, however your SNR has climbed to 13.6db, it looks as though something is causing the line to either error or become unstable, which is why the SNR has crept up.
If there is nothing internally that's causing this, leave this to our Faults Team and they'll be back in touch as above. I'd just ensure that you've definitely connected a different microfilter and that you've connected to your Test Socket to rule out an internal wiring issue.
iqb043
Grafter

Thats fine thanks. Im using a diff micro filter atm but will connect direct to the master socket after i get home from work tonight and post up the stats
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you've got a Test Socket, would you be able to connect it in there?
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/master-socket-guide.shtml#whatsTest