cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed pre-migration?

JonJon
Grafter

Slow speed pre-migration?

I'm wondering if any of you telecoms bods could shed any light on this (or are BT pulling my leg again!).
I'm moving to PN on the 22nd (thank goodness), so was given a migration code by BT a week ago.
However today when I got home from work, the Internet is pretending it's on dial-up again (throughput of 1kbps according to BT's speedtest).  Most sites which I try to traceroute fail at some point (so I assumed there was a BT network issue).  I've not had any speed issues for several months until today.
However, when I called BT (and spent an hour doing so), they told me that all of their systems show that I am no longer a customer and therefore they can't do a line test/etc to check what the issue.  One of them even said that I was already on PlusNet (I wish!) - funny how I'm still logging on with a BT username & password and have a BT IP address!  The one thing they could confirm is that they haven't reduced the speed due to overusing my download quota.
They reckon that as the migration process has started (even though the migration date is on the 22nd June), that is why my speed has dropped.  If that's true, I'll have 3 weeks of misery until I can migrate - but it doesn't seem logical, does it?
It's now the old story. Technical support have no access to my account, please call Customer Services.  I call Customer Services and they tell me that Technical Support are the only people who can help me!  I give up!
Has anyone else heard of this happening before?  And is there anything I can do to get this resolved faster?
Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
James
Grafter

Re: Slow speed pre-migration?

Sadly yes.
If we have placed an order for you to migrate over to us, BT will be unable to raise a fault on your line.
However, there is nothing preventing them from looking into the problems that you're experiencing without escalating it with their wholesaler (BT Wholesale).
JonJon
Grafter

Re: Slow speed pre-migration?

Hi James,
Thanks for your reply.
Things are getting back to normal now, so I assume my profile was reset and is now sorting itself out again!
Cheers,
Jonny