Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed on plusnet BB

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Slow speed on plusnet BB

When you see it's taken effect in the stats, run the BT "Diagnostic" speedtest, ignore the red pre-amble apart from making sure nothing else is using the Internet, and after the first test Click on Further Diagnostics, enter your phone number only and run the test.
This will ensure that the Profile is correct. Copy and paste the result along with the stats into a post.
You may find that the download speed is still slow and that you need to check your Current Line speed (Login required) and ask a DCT member to bump it up for you.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Really sorry for the delay with that. The changes should have taken effect now from the SNR Reset Chris has sorted for you.
Your line is still showing a few errors, nothing that Interleaving won't fix though. I'll keep an eye on it for you.
hocumgday
Grafter

I only have 2 iPads at the moment and the speediest from bt asks for a wired connection, my download speed is 8.6 Mbps ...very happy with that  Grin
hocumgday
Grafter

Thank you Chris Pettitt, after weeks of emails, tests and calls, one post on here and you sort it straight away, great service thank you ;0)
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: hocumgday
I only have 2 iPads at the moment and the speediest from bt asks for a wired connection, my download speed is 8.6 Mbps ...very happy with that  Grin

The only reason that the speedtester says wired is to ensure you don't have any wireless slowdowns. Stand close the modem/router so you have full signal and it shouldn't be a problem. 8.6 sounds a little slow for your attenuation. When you have time (and a strong signal) run the full diagnostic speedtest and post up the stats as well and we'll see if there's anything we can suggest.
hocumgday
Grafter

Bt diagnostic speed test requires flash to operate ;0(
Anotherone
Champion

Damn, forgot that Embarrassed  Never mind, stats and Current Line speed would do.
hocumgday
Grafter

DSL Connection
Link Information
Uptime: 0 days, 3:15:01
DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 776 / 11,303
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.0 / 21.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 18.0 / 31.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 5.5 / 6.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 23 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 2 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 4 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 660 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 660 / 2,833
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 740,420 / 2,335
Anotherone
Champion

Hmm. That's a bit of a shame, as Chris Pettitt mentioned there's quite a few errors there which could be caused by noise which may or may not be audible. The effect of that is a slower sync speed than you might otherwise get. See what it's like when you've got your phone. Let's hope it's audible noise as that should be relatively easy to get fixed.