Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed last 48 hours

caryn
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Slow speed last 48 hours

Thank Jo. Replies appeared on the ticket and a message was left on my answerphone, whilst at work, so seeing some of the customer service you expect from Plusnet. Unfortunately, appears I have to wait till Friday for BT's input on this ... almost a week with dire speeds.
Finally got the speedtester.com to work the last 2 days too. Tonights magnificent speed from my Plusnet Pro account is 269 kbps ... can't see me gaming on that lol  Tongue
caryn
Rising Star

The plot thickens....
The BT tests came back with there being no problems detected, so, once again I've been through the check list (master socket , filters etc etc) and the speed remains ridiculously slow ... except... the last 2 days I've logged on very early in the morning before work and both times the speed has been over 4 meg. I almost got excited yesterday that it was fixed, only to return to a speed of 0.3 meg in the afternoon.
Also, saw my neighbour last night, who's on Plusnets cheapest package and he reports that the last few evenings hes been getting over 4 meg, when hes never had over 2 meg before  Shocked Rubs salt in the wounds when we're paying £27 a month.
I'm now waiting for the BT engineer appointment to come to the house, apparently the next step in the process. With British Snailcoms God know when that will be Sad
caryn
Rising Star

Been monitoring the speed all morning and its slowly decreased to 0.5 meg from 4.5 first thing Sad
And still no appointment date confirmed for BT to even come look at it.
caryn
Rising Star

Had a phonecall from Plusnet support to say the BT engineer would 'maybe' call on 5th October, but that couldnt actually be confirmed yet, as Plusnet hadn't had a confirmation from BT. That response time is a joke... I first reported this fault on 19th September and have to wait till 5th October for BT to even look at it (that's if I dont get a phonecall later to say the appointment isnt free after all !).
Once again I'll point out I'm paying £27 a month for this service.
God help us when BT get their claws even further into Plusnet, such a shame, up till now you're the best ISP we've ever had Sad
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI caryn,
I was with the guy when he was trying to get you the appointment with BT and I hounded him and hounded him and he argued like mad to try to get it earlier. As for BT's influence with plusnet we have always needed BT's engineers to work on the network as it is their network so we have always had to follow this procedure and is nothing to do with BT's association with plusnet.
Jojo
caryn
Rising Star

Thanks again Jo.
I know I'm coming over rather rudely here, and I don't mean to really. I'm just so frustrated at the length of time its taking to get something sorted. I do appreciate all you efforts, I'm just astounded that BT take this long to respond to fault investigations Sad
I didnt actually get the confirmation of the appointment for the 5th yet, is it still unconfirmed by BT?
Don't ever leave the forums Jo ... we do appreciate you keeping us up to speed you know  Cheesy
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI caryn,
Thanks, by the way. I saw the appointment so don't know why he said maybe. He's on an early shift tomorrow so I'll catch up with him and just confirm with you 100% tomoz
Jojo Smiley
caryn
Rising Star

The appointment offered on the help ticket was different to the one he said on the phone, theyve actually offered me the 7th October and guess what, I'm away in Scotland that weekend, so I'm not available from 7th -10th. Means it will be Monday 11th Oct at the absolute earliest before BT even look at this. That's over 3 weeks from when I originally repeorted this fault Sad
What happened to the 5th October appointment?
caryn
Rising Star

I'm finding it hard to remain polite at the moment Jo.
I rang your support people yesterday about the date of the 7th Oct being offered, because they didnt reply to my ticket update asking why it had been changed.
I told the guy how dissapointed I was that after being offerd the 5th, they now offer me a date I can't make and I have to wait until the 11th. He apologised, but said there was nothing he could do about that, all the 5th appointments were now gone. He then said I would get a call in a few hours to confirm the 11th. Surprise surprise, no call received and no update to my ticket.
So I ring again today and ask whats going on. "What phonecall yesterday?" says the guy at Plusnet, "No appointment for 11th has been made for you." He then says that someone will 'try' to make an appointment for 11th and ring me back in a few hours. I don't think I'm being unreasonable here, expecting to have phonecalls returned and a date given to me.
Can you please please find out whats going on ... at this point in time I feel like my broadband will never get fixed and theres absolutely nothing I can do and no-one I can complain to about this Sad
caryn
Rising Star

OK, BT engineer just left (was due next Mon11th am, arrived Wed 6th pm  ???) and reckons he was getting over 6meg on my line with his test equipment, no issues whatsoever as far as they're concerned. He announced the problem must be the router, as that was the only piece of kit he couldn't test. How can that be ... I've tested with a second router, same problems. Also, the speed, regular as clockwork, is at 4.5meg + at 7am, down to 1meg by mid afternoon and down to 0.2meg mid evening ... EVERY day. Surely if the router was faulty the speed would either be consistently low, or randomly high and low, not at specific times of the day.
The other thing he suggested was to get my ISP to disconnect and reconnect me at the exchange, as this might help (sounds like clutching at straws to me, after he said there was nothing wrong with the line - but hey I'm desperate, any straw will do!).
I've rung the techie support people at Plusnet again, to report back, but to be honest I could cry, I feel like I'm getting nowhere and am back to square one.
PLEASE help me Plusnet, my net is unusable every evening at the moment Sad
caryn
Rising Star

So it's now Monday and I've been waiting since last Wednesday for a call from your faults team to let me know what your plans are now - a little longer than the 72 hours turn around you're so proud of having Plusnet !!
It's more than three weeks since I've had evening internet and the lack of response from the faults team is making me more and more irrate by the day. I really don't expect you to wave a magic wand, but surely this is an unreasonable amount of time to have to wait to get this fixed?
JoJo, where are you, you're the only one I've had any sense out of since this fault started  Cry
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi caryn,
Gosh! I can't believe it. I've been away for a week and just got back this morning. I'm going to look into what's been going on and what the next step will be. I'll get back to you as soon as I find out more info.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi caryn,
have you seen the latest update on your ticket? It seems there is an issue at the echange. We've been informed this will be rectified on the 20th of this month.
Jojo Smiley
caryn
Rising Star

Hi JoJo
Hope you had a nice week off work.
Your techie people range me earlier and told me about the fault at the exchange - something to do with BT equipment overheating and causing a speed degradation throughout the day, which certainly fits the symptoms of our fault. When the BT engineer came out last week, he was adamant there was no fault at the exchange and that our router must be responsible, as the piece of kit he tested the line with cost £3k, therefore it couldn't be wrong (not sure I get his logic there  :P). Glad we didnt go out and buy a new router on the strength of his advice.
Once again, thank you JoJo, you're a star.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI caryn,
No worries, that's what I'm here for. I just do hope that the work they carry out on the 20th sorts it out once and for all.
Jojo Smiley