cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed and drop off help please

DeanoVP

Slow speed and drop off help please

Hello all
I havent been with plusnet long and all was great til a few days back. We had speeds of a solid 13mbps for the first few weeks and now it has dropped to below 2. I raised a ticket but the problem fixed itself and we were back up ti 12-13meg for a week or so but since then it has dropped to below 2 and somedays it goes on and off for hours. I have raised the issue with support but I have been told it could cost me £60 if the engineer finds a fault here. I have tried three routers including the plusnet supplied technicolour along with new filters, from the test socket and with all othher stuff (xbox,sky) unplugged. I have been sent this by tech support but its all gibberish to me. BT wholesale and speedtest.net both come back with just under 2meg and I have turned all tablets and phones etc off to see if this did anything.

KBD
Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 13.6 27.5
SNR Margin: 31.0 30.1
Errored Seconds: 0 0
HEC Errors: 0
Cell Count: 30899 51887
Speed: 443 3072
Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 2016 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 1612
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 32343 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 86400
Indicative Line Quality: G Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 2156

WBC 1M - 3M No delay (INP 0) 6dB Downstream, 448 No delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)
WP Profile: 2000
CLT: Pass
NIC: Pass
TAM: Not ran
Summary:
Problem Explanation: [DCN17] The circuit is dropping connection. This may be due to an End User home environment issue.
Resolution/Recommendation: Please confirm all CP and End User checks have been completed. KBD tests indicate no BTW network fault. This is a CCSFI enabled outcome.

And this is what I think is asked for in the sticky in this section (i clicked the view more against dsl connection so hopefully this is it)
Uptime: 0 days, 0:20:59
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 443 / 3.072
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 3,84 / 15,37

I havent changed anything so not sure why the problem fixed itself the first time and has now dropped back down. any help appreciated. I really dont want to be forking out £60.  Smiley
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Slow speed and drop off help please

Hi there,
We've not been able to find an obvious reason for the fault so I'd recommend going ahead with the engineer visit we've suggested.
I really dont want to be forking out £60.

You'd only be charged that if the issue was found to be with your equipment or if the engineer wasn't able to get access to your premises when they've been booked.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team