cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow, slow, terribly slow.

NovaSyx

Slow, slow, terribly slow.

I have to download alot of medium sized files alot, due to the games I play and the way I play them. (Patches, maps, mods, automatically downloaded from servers often..).
And such is the case now, that playing with my clan is now a chore due to our heavy use of custom maps around 20mb in size. By the time I've downloaded the map it's the last round!
I tried using the BT Speedtester on Firefox AND IE7 but all I get is - This.
I'm slightly bored of having to cope with 111kb/s downloads when in January I was pushing 400kb/s at least. Literally just up the road from me my mate gets 600kb/s downloads and he's with TALK TALK for crying out loud.
I know there's something up here so lets knock it out and get back to the service I enjoy.
So, is there something wrong with my "profile" or..?
5 REPLIES 5
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Slow, slow, terribly slow.

BT Speed tester has been Like that since Saturday, Have to wait till they are back at work, even the e-mails are getting bounced Crazy
dont know what account you are on, but your "friend" with talk talk is probably on LLU
unovision

Me too, just this past week its been slower than dial up, downloading files at 30kps were is usually is 230kps, I will be leaving I think as I might as well be back on dialup with these speeds. I'm paying enough I expect faster than 30kps download speeds
pierre_pierre
Grafter

The Staff are back tomorrow, if they ask you to try BT speed test, ask them if BT have fixed the Weekend error, they will ask you to do lots of test, so be prepared.
PS.  Something is definitely wrong.
chillypenguin
Grafter

Have you read, and followed the diagnostics given in James blog; broadband speed faults how to diagnose
James
Grafter

Hi there,
There's actually not anything wrong with your profile here.  You're on a 1250Kbps profile at the BT end of things and this is mapping accordingly on our system.  This is because you are currently gaining a synchronisation speed of 1568Kbps.
Initially, I would suggest trying to use a different microfilter or modem/router and to ensure that you are connecting directly into your BT master socket via a filter.
Let us know once you've tried these things and we'll have a look to see if there has been an improvement at all.