Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow loading of web pages

FIXED
rovingeyeuk
Grafter

Slow loading of web pages

Hi, 

Struggling for a while but this problem seems to have gone worse recently. 

A lot of pages are taking forever to load, email as well with Yahoo particularly bad.   BBC seems one of the worst and I have to constantly refresh the partial blank page. There are a good number of others but I haven't took note but it's getting increasingly frustrating.  Please can someone help. 

4 REPLIES 4
JamesDaGames
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Re: Slow loading of web pages

Fix

I had an issue similar to this a couple of months back.

I managed to fix it by manually assigning the primary and secondary DNS, as windows managed to screw something up when it tried to search for them automatically after updating to the anniversary edition of Windows 10. I changed them to manual and used the following information 

manual dns.png

192.168.1.254 is your router and 8.8.8.8 is Google's public DNS

You can also use namebench to scan for DNS servers that you can use if the above setup doesn't work for you.

To edit the settings, do the following:

1. Navigate to 'Network Connections', you can do this either by typing 'View network connections in your taskbar or going via network and internet in the control panel.

2. Right click your connection and select properties.

3. Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click properties.

4. Insert the manual DNS information and click OK.

If you want you can validate your settings on exit to ensure it worked, but I didn't bother in my case.

I hope that helps you. Let me know how you get on and have a good day Smiley

rovingeyeuk
Grafter

Hi James, thanks for a quick and detailed response. I have the Google DNS setup in my router and it's been in there for a while.  The problem appears to come and go but over the last few weeks it seems to have been worse. 

The delays give me problems when ordering items and probably why I double posted on here. It does waste a lot of time and really think it's down to Plusnet. 

Thanks 

Ken

rovingeyeuk
Grafter

I pressed the post button on the above and it didn't go for minutes. I stopped the waiting post and tried again, nothing moved for a while then a page came up with something like the site couldn't be reached quickly followed by it being sent. 

petecov23
Dabbler

Well this is still ongoing. I came from a more expensive ISP and I can see that this was now a mistake - is this indicitive of cheap budget ISPs?