cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow intertnet possible to do with the exchange

Dwivvc
Grafter

Slow intertnet possible to do with the exchange

my internet has been quite slow again lately looking at the exchange stats (NDRAM) it shows amber and that I need to contact support if there isn't ETA fix time and there isn't who do I get in contact with?
4 REPLIES 4
warbleeder
Grafter

Re: Slow intertnet possible to do with the exchange

i did afew speed test about 20mins ago and mine is rather slow also ... not sure if its related or not was going to give it afew hours first tho
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Do you guys need any assistance?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Dwivvc
my internet has been quite slow again lately looking at the exchange stats (NDRAM) it shows amber and that I need to contact support if there isn't ETA fix time and there isn't who do I get in contact with?

I'd run some BT speedtests (Diagnostic) and post the results (run 3 tests at different times). If things are particularly slow, you could probably raise a fault and request Plusnet to hassle BTw because it down to BTw to do it (when they please)  Shocked
Mangoletsi
Grafter

Quote from: Dwivvc

I'm on NDWES (Westgate). I was one of the unlucky ones because the virtual pathways were congested and the status was red but only affected a few people. The problem started a few days before christmas 2011, but BT put a ETA fix date of September 2012. What was happening at peak times and during school holidays and weekends,  my throughput speeds dropped to around 0.6mb, and lower to the point I lost browsing. There wasn't anything wrong with my line, as i had a stable connection, maximum sync and in the middle of the night my speeds were backup to 7Mb again.
After about 3 months of reporting the problem to plusnet staff, only the first guy who bothered to read the test results properly could see the line was fine, and it was a congestion problem else where. Unfortuneately everybody else after that kept treating it as a line fault, in which I repeatedly told them it wasn't which drove me mad. In the end I got absolutely no where with plusnet staff, who were advising me to call out an openreach engineer to test my line, which had no fault on it which meant I would have had to pay the call out charge. So I gave up with Plusnet staff and went to see my MP.
My MP Roger Gale, had a meeting with some big wig from BT to complain about the problem and also the FTTC situation. I didn't hear the outcome of the meeting, but they seem to of fixed my congestion problem soon after in April, and also deleted/hid the ETA FIX date of September 2012.