Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet

beechbrook1
Hooked

Slow internet

Hello,

I would like someone to check if our IP Profile is correct or not? Currently our download speeds is below 1Mbps 

I have attached the test results from the BT Wholesale Speedtest and it says that the IP Profile says the max down/up speeds are 0.98Mbps/0.83Mbps.

Things I have already tried which did not solve the speed issue:

- Used the test plug in the master socket

- Used a new microfilter

- Used a new ADSL router

I'm happy to provide further information.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Slow internet

Hi there, 

It looks like we might need to reset the line for you (DLM reset). Just before I can look at that I wanted to check if the drops we've starteed seeing in the past few hours might have been you restarting the router?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
beechbrook1
Hooked

Hi Adam,

Yep that was me restarting the router during those drops you see

Thanks,

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks, 

I've just put that through for you. 

They can take up to 24 hours to take effect but you might notice some improvement within the next couple of hours hopefully. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
beechbrook1
Hooked

Hi Adam,

Thanks for doing this I'll check tomorrow if there's any improvement.

Do you know what download speed our contract is on? My colleague who signed us up has left so I don't know what our down/up speeds are supposed to be.

Thanks,

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sure, I've popped that on a ticket for you with it being account sensitive information. Here's a direct link to it: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=192231331

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
beechbrook1
Hooked

Hi Adam,

It's been 24 hours and and restarted the router and the speed seems to be as slow as before. Do you have any suggestions?

Many thanks

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear that, I just went to try another way of submitting the reset request but noticed you've been offline for around an hour. According to what I can see it looks like you're conected to the BT test account. 

Can you reconnect with the right login details please so I can give that another go?

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
beechbrook1
Hooked

Hi Adam

The router has been switched back on now please try resetting it from your end again, I had to do a hard reset because the router had trouble trying to connect to the ADSL line

Thanks,

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @beechbrook1, thanks for getting back in touch. I'm afraid resetting your profile on our suppliers side wouldn't resolve the speed issues you're seeing as looking at your profile everything looks to be spot on for the length of your line. Upon testing your connection we do look to have identified a potential line fault which could very well be behind the loss of speed you've been seeing as of recent and as you've mentioned you've done the test socket check already the next step would be to arrange an engineer to come and investigate further. I have updated a fault ticket on your account which can been seen here and by all means once you've replied feel free to drop us a message on here and we'll happily get this progressed for you.