Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Slow internet

Do you have any near neighbours using broadband and if so what speeds do they get?
Quote from: jelv
Have you checked your local council's BDUK plans to see if there is anything in the pipeline?

If something is in the pipeline it might have some information here: http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/#
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Zekemoore
There's no way you're going to convince me that 150kB/s is good .

I didn't say 150kB/s was good - I said it was good for your line.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Zekemoore
Grafter

I will ask neighbours about their internet speeds.  I havent been living here for too long so i haven't had the chance to .

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER attached to this post
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

according to that you must right next to the street cabinet, and fibre is available to you.
i would advise you upgrade to FTTC if you want faster speeds.
ps. your signature is childish and immature.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

That suggests that your attenuation reported by the router is 'a bit off' so you could expect better speeds, you also appear to have FTTC available (and really decent speeds if you go for that option).
Have you access to another modem/router to try?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Zekemoore
Grafter

According to Plusnet fibre wasn't available to me for some reason  Undecided  , So i went with broadband
At the moment i don't have access to another router , though i will try and get another one .

Can anyone confirm that the internet light on the Technicolor modem is supposed to be a solid green light ?
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

the DSL light should be solid
the internet light will flash during activity.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: Townman
If I can trust the router stats - attenuation of 69.5dB suggests you should get no ADSL whatsoever!!!

All advice given has been predicated on the above.
BT estimates are just that estimates, not an assurance.
What does this report - http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/adslchecker.php ?  In particular the line length.  If it is different to 5km then may be there is something to be explored. However other than your opinion and the BT estimate, there is nothing to suggest that line is behaving otherwise than correct.

As for your sig, you have no information about the age of the spectrum of forum members on which to make the claims about the age of 60% of members.  Age of members has no real bearing on matters, other than the older ones usually have a lot more experience than the younger ones, albeit we might just be not quite so young enough to know everything about everything.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.