Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow in the evening

rovingeyeuk
Grafter

Slow in the evening

Hi Everyone,
I'm not sure if this is similar to other posts regarding slow speeds since the major outage and congestion.
Since then things seems to be different, SNR which had dropped and settle at 3db went down further to 1.6 and gave very good speeds during the day but very slow at night.
Now having been away a couple of times recently and switched the router off and another two reboots SNR Is now 5.8/5.9db giving 9.3 to 9.6 down in the day but dropping to 2-5 at night.
I would appreciate if someone could help.

System Up Time 2 days 16:07:53
Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
WAN ADSL Link 699900 760296 0 1626 3473 2 days 06:21:39
LAN1 Link Down 985187 984720 0 3871 1946 --
LAN2 Link Down --
LAN3 Link Down --
LAN4 Link Down --
WLAN 145M 765802 680324 0 3237 1089 2 days 16:07:53
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 11596 kbps 888 kbps
Line Attenuation 35.0 db 19.7 db
Noise Margin 5.9 db 13.3 db
The tests are over WIFI but it has been very consistent and is not giving me any problems. Our smart tv is connected by homeplugs and speed tests on there only show a slight increase when compared. Unfortunately the lower speeds do not help when my other half wants to watch NCIS On Demand.

1 REPLY 1
AndyT
Grafter

Re: Slow in the evening

Hi rovingeyeuk,
I have run some tests on your line this afternoon and haven't been able to detect anything obvious that is causing the problems you are experiencing.  Your connection appears to be stable and the line stats look to be fine.
I would definitely try testing the connection with an Ethernet cable next time you experience slow downs, just to make sure you've not begun to suffer interference of your wireless signal in the evenings.  If the connection speeds seem to be much improved over an Ethernet connection, I would suggest changing the broadcast channel of your wireless signal to see if you can find a channel with less interference.  You can do this by using the following guide if you are using one of our routers.
If you continue to experience poor speeds over an Ethernet connection, I would advise raising a fault to us and our faults team will carry out an indepth investigation into your problems.  If you do have to do this, please also run a speed test at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com when the problem is evident, as this will help our faults team to identify the cause of your issue.
I hope this helps, but please feel free to update me if there is anything else I can help with.
Andy