cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow has just got even sloower. Down=4.6, Up=0.8. Is that ok? Should i restart my router?

Mardler
Rising Star

Re: Slow has just got even sloower. Down=4.6, Up=0.8. Is that ok? Should i restart my router?

Are you saying that the second PN router failed in a matter of days?

The BTW speed test is near useless as I’ve said: large file downloads are by far the most reliable though Ookla and ThinkBB are good.

ianbeeton67
Grafter

Re: Slow has just got even sloower. Down=4.6, Up=0.8. Is that ok? Should i restart my router?

When we talk about the 2nd router, its the only one weve ever had from plusnet as the 1st one never arrived.

But no, the router failed within its 12 month warranty period, albeit 11 months, its still part of the 12 months & therefor should have been replaced FOC.

Mardler
Rising Star

Thanks for that clarification.

PN refusing to stand by a warranty is unacceptable. Was the second one signed for? If so both the courier and PN will have the date you received it thus the date from which the warranty runs.

C’mon, PN: do the honourable thing!

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I don't think it's actually definitely known that it is a problem with the router, just that no-one has come up with any other suggestions as to what the problem might be.

ianbeeton67
Grafter

Re: Slow has just got even sloower. Down=4.6, Up=0.8. Is that ok?

Weve switched from pn to talktalk, speeds have gone from 2mbps to 32mbps 🙂 happy days !!!!

So pleased plusnet treat us so badly & forced us to switch suppliers

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Slow has just got even sloower. Down=4.6, Up=0.8. Is that ok?

Ian,

To be fair, you've not only changed ISPs, but you have also changed internet products - moved from ADSL to FTTC.  You are kind of comparing chalk and cheese here, irrespective of who supplies it.  I think we all understand that you were not happy with how things went with your issue with Plusnet, but that does not mean that you would not have also got 32mbps with FTTC from Plusnet as well.

Hope all continues to go well for you with TT.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.