cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow download speeds and limited connectivity all the time

Decodri

Slow download speeds and limited connectivity all the time

I keep getting "Limited Connectivity" all the time whilst either streaming or downloading everything will be going fine then all of a sudden i disconnect for 2-5 minutes at a time. This happens on both wireless and when i connect to my router via Ethernet cable
Im currently trying to download a new game which is 25GB big which as you can imagine is taking some time the download has currently been on for 6 hours and because of slow speeds and this limited connectivity problem i have only managed to download 2 GB, if anyone has a solution for this it would be much appreciated 
6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Slow download speeds and limited connectivity all the time

According to service status the slow speeds problem that has been present through the day should now be fixed.
Assuming your router sync speeds are normal you could try disconnecting from Plusnet using the router's web interface, then connect again. That will ensure your traffic management profile is correct and probably assign you to a different gateway which might be less congested. Gateway checker http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway/.
David
BRABUS
Grafter

Service is so bad tonight that the link for the gateway is timing out  Shocked
Decodri

I have had this problem for about a month now, not just tonight
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

"Limited connectivity" means "tried to connect but failed".  If that's what your computer is telling you and it happens with both a wired and a wireless connection and you're quite sure about that then your router must be faulty.
Decodri

The fault was at my end, something must of happened to my dongle so i went out and bought a new one dont know why i didnt do this sooner anyway, im now downloading a 1.83MBs and am not getting disconnected.
Thanks to everyone for trying to help
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Glad to hear you got that sorted. Do give us a shout if you have any further issues.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team