cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow connection

gstrickland
Grafter

Re: Slow connection

Not that anyone will be interested, but here we are several days along the line and still we have the exact same fault. Nothing has changed.
OK, Plusnet have been doing 'some' investigations. A BT Wholesale engineer was scheduled to investigate the fault on the 18/9/12, but nothing more was heard of him/her. I now rather suspect that the BT Wholesale engineer did do his/her job and gave our line the 'thumbs up' and a clean bill of health.
Plusnet have decided to do a "line reset" and have stated that it will take 10 days for the line to settle. I have never, ever, in my 40 years in the Communications industry heard of such total and utter nonsense. And don't anyone on here tell me the basics of communications have changed in the past 5 years. It hasn't. A line does not need to "settle for 10 days" and anyone that believes this needs to get another job. It is an excuse for Plusnet to attend to other tasks whilst leaving me in limbo. All this amounts an appalling Technical Support standards within Plusnet.
To say I am not a happy bunny is a huge understatement. I am f'ing angry.
I feel it's time to start rattling the cages of Plusnet Management in a big way. If Plusnet are unable to diagnose a problem and resolve it in a timely fashion, then there are plenty of other ISP's who can. This fault has been going on for far too long. I was messed around very badly by Plusnet when I signed up with them and now this latest fault is beginning to become the final nail in the coffin for them.
I have discovered that Plusnet - just like any other ISP is "OK" while it works. When their service fails, Plusnet suck - big time. I thought I would never say this, but Plusnet, BT Internet have you lot beaten hands down and I couldn't even understand the accents of their call centre staff  Shocked
In future when people ask me who I think are one of the better ISP's my answer will be "Anyone other than Plusnet".
True Honest broadband from Yorkshire? Yeah right. Absolutely disgraceful service.
Plusnet, you should be totally ashamed of yourselves robbing me of my money - or maybe I should be more truthful about this. I am a total mug for allowing you to rob me of my money.... but not for much longer Grin
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Slow connection

Hi gstrickland,
I have had a look into the history of your fault, apologies that this has taken longer than your expectations. Each fault is different and needs to be investigated. The resolution time will differ on each fault, this can also depend on the current workload.
If we have taken longer or missed something then I apologise for that, but mistakes do happen, I'm not saying that for your situation though. Our faults team appear to have been in regular contact and trying to get this resolved urgently for you, as we do in call cases.
Regarding the 10 day training period is the official recalculation of the dynamic line management following a line reset, this generally creates data after 72 hours but is not finalised for 10 days and we are unable to reset the line again during that period.
Steve has replied to your fault ticket this morning stating that hopefully the issue has been resolved for you. If it is still not resolved, please let me know and I will happily look into this further and see what needs to be done and what has happened previously.
Chris