cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow connection speeds

Ranfty

Slow connection speeds

Hello,
At the time of my order I was given an estimate speed of 17mbps. However, I am only receiving 1.4mbps.
I opened a ticket 6 days ago stating this and I am still waiting for a response. I spoke to someone using your online chat service regrading the unanswered ticket and slow speed. He stated there was a fault in your system and the maximum speed I can receive is 8.5mbps. He then guaranteed resetting the line would achieve the 8.5mbps. However, the speed is still the same (1.4mbps). I therefore spoke to someone else on your chat service explaining what has happened and he 'escalated the ticket further' and told me I would receive a response by the next morning. Two days later and I still have no response.
What is going on?
1 REPLY 1
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Slow connection speeds

I can see that my colleagues in the faults team have responded to your ticket and there's an engineer booked to look in to the issue.
I'm going to be honest and say that I can't see you getting near the 17Mb/s estimate, or even the updated estimate of 6.5-8.5Mb/s. The records for your phone number seem to be giving very generous estimates, whereas checking on the full address seems more realistic: http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.address
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.