cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow broadband on Willowcroft Exchange in Derby?

kingkong69
Dabbler

Slow broadband on Willowcroft Exchange in Derby?

Hi,
My broadband speed dropped dramtically in the last few days, it have dropped from approx 1mb to 0.2mb, I'm on the Willowcroft exchange in Derby.
Have anyone experienced the same problem on this exchange or is it just my equipment?
Plusnet staff please help.
  Sad  Sad  Sad
Thanks
19 REPLIES 19
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Slow broadband on Willowcroft Exchange in Derby?

Hi kingkong69,
We have had some speed issues over the weekend. How is it today?
Jojo Smiley
kingkong69
Dabbler

Hi Jojo,Thanx 4 the reply,The speed has pick up a bit to 0.7mb but still short what it should be between 1 and 1.5mb,Can you look is there a problem with thw willowcroft exchange?..thanks
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi kingkong69,
I've just ran some tests and there seems to be an inconsistency between the BRAs and the MSAN. This means that basically your IP profile is stuck which is probably keeping your speed down. Also, the SNR is 15dB so we may be able to ge that down too which will give you a slightly higher sync rate. I'll get onto BT tomorrow and see if I can make the necessary adjustments. I'll let you know how I get on.
Jojo Smiley
kingkong69
Dabbler

Hi JoJo,Thanks for you reply again,That probably explained why my broadband is getting slower,Hope you bring me some good news from BT and i hope get better speed soon... Smiley
kingkong69
Dabbler

Hi JoJo,Have you heard anything from BT?Is have been a couple of days on...
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi kingkong69,
I'm so sorry. I meant to do this today but got so sidetracked with other business this afternoon. I will do it 1st thing in the morning. Terribly sorry!
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi kingkong69,
That's all done, you should notice a big difference shortly.
Jojo Smiley
kingkong69
Dabbler

Thanks JoJo,You are a star,Is really fast now... Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley :)xxx
kingkong69
Dabbler

Hi JoJo,Sorry to trouble you again...The speed is much quicker now but i just did a bt speedtest,It come up red saying my acceptable download speed should be between 4000-21000 Kbps but it only saying 1882 Kbps,Is there a problem or is not settle down yet..Please help...Many thanks... Sad
kingkong69
Dabbler

Hi JoJo,Everything's fine now,It all settle down now and it come up green in the bt test and i am getting 2mb speed,Bt been cheating me and thanks to you ,Its super now... Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ah that's great news Smiley
kingkong69
Dabbler

Hi JoJo,Sorry to bothered you again,My broadband had gone up to a decent level now but in the last week days i noticed it had dropped slightly,I was getting 2 to 2.2 mb but is now down to 1.7 mb mark,On the BT test it was saying "Your configured download throughput speed for this service is 2500 kps" but it now saying 2000kps,Is it normal or there is a problem on the line again?...many thanks..
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi kingkong69,
A strange one as I can't see where it went to 2500 profile. It's 2000 at the moment which is consistent with the sync rate of 2816k. It would need to be 2848k or above to get a 2500 profile.
Jojo Smiley
kingkong69
Dabbler

Thanks JoJo,It  did sync at the high rate of 2848 earlier but it steady down to the lower rate now,I guess it's ok still but i will keep an eye on it if dropped any lower i let you know.JoJo Smiley