cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow broadband cutting out

GravelWalk

Slow broadband cutting out

We've had issues for the last week or so. The internet is extremely slow, dropping out completely quite often.

If we open a webpage when the internet has cut out, we are directed to the router's page, and log into that, sometimes that then kicks it into life, but not always. Restarting the router has very little effect.

We've phoned up the support line to be told that their tests show nothing wrong, but the phone line is very, so there is something wrong. Have made sure router, phone and filter are all plugged in on the master socket on the phone line into the house, have removed the filter and just plugged the phone in, still get the crackle. Have removed the filter box and tried router on its own, with no improvement.

5 REPLIES 5
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Slow broadband cutting out

Hi GravelWalk and welcome to the Community Forums.

I have checked your connection and have found the issue on the line which has been causing the noise on the phone you've been having and drops in connection. I have raised this fault through to our suppliers to resolve externally and sent you an email with further details. On the phones back up and running I'd suggest getting back to us so we can reset the broadband settings as they will have all been but out of place with the fault.

The question open on your account for the fault:
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=150329307

Kind regards,

Ben

GravelWalk

We were visited by an engineer who replaced the faceplate of the phone socket, and said that would fix the problem. Advised us to call the support line to get them to reset the required settings to make the most of it.

Gave it a couple of hours before I called them up (he arrived around 4, I called them around half eight). Internet was still dropping out, slow and phone line was still crackling. Support line agree that there is something wrong, and have rejected BT's claim that they have fixed the line.

I am now waiting for another engineer call out, with no information as to when they may visit or what they may need to do. As there's not much phone line in the property, I can't believe they'll have to come inside again, but it was suggested they would.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear your fault is still ongoing.

If we are unable to detect a fault on the line, the only option we have to progress the fault is to arrange a visit. Having said this, in your case, I've detected a fault and just come off the phone with our suppliers.

They have passed this to an engineer to investigate and we've been advised that the estimated response time is by 26/05/2017 23:59:59. Please note this is only a estimate and the fault could be resolved before this date.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks for your patience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
GravelWalk

Someone was up a pole on Friday, and a quick phone call to technical support later, my internet is back up and running and everything seem to be fine. Thank you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fantastic news Thumbs_Up thanks for coming back to let us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet