Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow broadband and occasional drops

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Slow broadband and occasional drops

Hi @Mjan I'm sorry for the length of time this is ongoing.

I'm going to book another engineer tomorrow when I'm back in the office for the following Friday you've said you're free.

To give you an option I'm happy to write off the remainder of your contract if you'd want to go to another provider, although that probably won't help fix the issue you're experiencing though.

If you do choose to stay with us I'll keep on top until we've got it sorted.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mjan
Rising Star

Hi @Gandalf,

Thanks for the continuous support but I think I lost faith with openreach trying to find out what the issue is.
What I would like now, and thanks for your offer, is for Plusnet to cancel the remaining of my contract (which is all prepaid by the way) and disconnect me, please. I will not move to another ADSL provider and I think I'll have to go with cable or 4g instead as fibre isn't available to me except the very expensive FTTP from BT.

Please let me know if you can arrange the above.

Thanks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Mjan 

No problem, I'm sorry to see you're wanting to cancel your service. I just tried to call you to discuss this but it looks like you were busy as I couldn't get through. While I'm happy to arrange the cancellation, if you had a stable speed and connection with Sky before you joined us there shouldn't be any reason why the fault can be fixed and I'm happy to escalate this with Openreach until either it is fixed or an engineer advises definitively the problem can't be fixed.

If you've made the decision to cancel and go to a cable or 4G provider, could you reply to your ticket Here with confirmation you want us to disconnect your home phone, broadband and landline phone number as well as the date you'd want this to happen? I'll then arrange this for you along with a refund for the time you've paid for a service you've not had while the fault had been reported to us and we've been investigating and offer you a goodwill gesture for the hassle.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Mjan 

Personally, before going to the extent of cancelling, I would want to try monitoring the link, but to do that you'd need a router capable of being monitored.  This could be caused by something in the home ... nothing needs to have obviously changed ... something could have deteriorated ... but not visibly failed.

The raw sync speed which you have seen on your line, does suggest to me that you are encountering REIN ... and there is some risk that it will also impact other connection technologies ... if it is being "injected" to the router.

@Gandalf 

Is it too late to consider lending (?) a hub one (BT HH5a) which will function with router stats?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Townman I'm happy to look into sending a Hub One out next week to try to further diagnose the issue but I fear it'd still need another (escalated) engineer visit to investigate further. Ultimately the decision rests with Mjan on how they'd want to go ahead if it's worth the hassle assuming they've already got a suitable replacement.

Obviously if they do choose to stay with us I'm happy to stay on top of this until we've got a resolution or a definitive answer.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Resolution might well need further engineering visits, but detailed SNRM might inform what they are looking for.

At present it seems all tests come up clean and further visits might be a kin to trying to stab small fish in a barrel blindfolded!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Agreed, additional diagnostics for a difficult fault is always a good thing as it'd may help us point an engineer in the right direction if anything.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mjan
Rising Star

@Gandalf,

I've replied to your ticket on my account.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks, I'll respond shortly. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet