Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow broadband and occasional drops

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 240

Re: Slow broadband and occasional drops

Hi @Mjan, the drop at about 10:40 was caused by me running a test on your connection, however it only seems to have dropped out once today. It did drop out 4 times last night as you said though.

Testing isn't flagging up any causes of problems, but it does show that there were a couple of errors at some point.

Other than the drop from my testing earlier, the connection does seem to have been stable following the drops last night, but I've bumped the target SNR margin up a little to try and stabilise the connection for you.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Infrastructure Operations Professional
Highlighted
Mjan
Grafter

Thanks @HarryB,
I've noticed a drop this morning and, I could swear, another right after that.
It was my 10yo daughter that said that had been 4 drops but, you know, kids can exaggerate a little bit.
Thanks for having a look, I'll keep you posted on any changes Smiley
Mjan
Grafter

Sorry guys but I'm back again with the same issues. Connection drops for the last couple of days and unreliable speeds.
The online game I was playing this evening was suffering from rubber banding and then I got disconnected again.
It's frustrating it keeps on happening.
Could you have a look at the line please?
Thanks
Mjan
Grafter

Good morning,

This morning has been terrible. I get disconnected constantly. It's like every few minutes the internet light on the modem flashes and then goes off for a bit. It's just unusable at the moment.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 683

Thanks for getting back to us @Mjan 

I'm sorry to see that the disconnections have started again. Sad

Unfortunately as line tests aren't showing a definitive external causes we'd need you to report a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net so we can arrange another engineer visit to investigate further.

If you can drop us a reply once you've reported the fault we'll get it picked up as soon as we can.

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team