Slow XBLM, PSN, Itunes Store downloads after 6pm

Be3G
Grafter

Re: Slow XBLM, PSN, Itunes Store downloads after 6pm

I see, thank you.
scootie
Grafter

XBL streaming's bein o.k for awhile. which you must of knowen due to lack of posts from me.
But tonight at 10 pm they where back to the old way of buffering for ages.
ive jumped gateways few times today and iam currently on pcl-ag03 which surrpises me as since the sig went live ive never had problem on this gateway.
i have noticed even when things are working o.k that sometimes the first time i fire the xbox up and go to stream somthing it just sits buffering but if i back up and straight away load the same stream it works straight away inculeding all the other streams(strange).
is the sig take time to kick or somthing as when that happens thats what it seems like?
James
Grafter

Looking at the usage, it looks like we had a spike in usage around that time, so it might explain the buffering.
Be3G
Grafter

Don't know if this is deliberate or just a bit of luck (and if it is luck, if I'm about to jinx it...) but my mother and I have just bought a TV series off iTunes with the intention of starting to watch it tonight, and it's downloading at full un-rate-limited speed. So I'm happy. Smiley
andyhewitt
Grafter

Also not wishing to risk jinxing it, I did an update to iTunes+ on some tracks a couple of evenings ago, and that too was at full speed.
Nice one chaps, hopefully sorted now.
Thanks.
cubsfan
Dabbler

Having discussed MLB.tv earlier in this thread, I thought I would mention that MLB.tv have a free preview of their new media player running today and tomorrow.  The following games will be featured:
Friday 11:10pm BST Red Sox at Mets
Friday 12:05am BST Cubs at Yankees
Saturday 6:05pm BST Cubs at Yankees
Saturday 6:10pm BST Red Sox at Mets
Saturday 11:05pm BST Orioles at Nationals
You will need to register (for free) on MLB's website (Here).
You will also need to download the latest version (09-58) of the NexDef plugin (released today).  You can fetch it from the following locations:
Windows
Mac OSX
cubsfan
Dabbler

Well, now that I have gone into the first of those games, I find that there has been some subtle change in the way that these games are streamed, meaning that the DS field is back to 0x60, which, of course, means that it is being throttled.  This is very bad news.  I have just taken a Wireshark capture of this starting up which I will upload in another ticket.  Please, can someone have a look at this.
scootie
Grafter

looks like the streaming vids on XBL have gone back to 0x60 on my account at least.
i havent had chance to wireshark em an dont intend to until daves back of his hols because it may just be a side effect of a temp fix he put in place to sort my iplayer issue out which it did  Smiley
so i will stick with my iplayer working an wait for dave to get  back from his sun an sangria