cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow XBLM, PSN, Itunes Store downloads after 6pm

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Slow XBLM, PSN, Itunes Store downloads after 6pm

Yeah, I was getting the slow speeds up until the back end of last week but it picked up again. Downloaded the PS3 home update (77MB) in a few minutes.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
nextgenconsoles
Grafter

Still no joy for me
Just downloading a 76mb demo video on psn. This allows me to see the speed of download which is 16kb every 3 seconds which is about as fast as a 56k dialup isdn line. Awful
I'm going to reboot my router
the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: pierre_pierre
when I see some one boasting

Oi Pierre what are you talking about you silly old sausage.  Roll_eyes Roll_eyes Roll_eyes Roll_eyes
I was not boasting - I like music - all different types and listen a lot of the time.
I have large CD collection and 90% - 95% of my music is ripped from CDs.  I really think my music library is rather fantastic and treat your remark about not being able to listen to it as blinkered and ignorant -  it certainly has no impact on your browsing experience.  You appear to be speaking out of your big highland coos hairy arse.
I thought the 300MB might be to do with the "genius" feature on Itunes. I dont suppose you know much about "genius" from your post.
nextgenconsoles
Grafter

Just tested my connection on PSN again  (9pm) after giving up trying to download a 13mb update for an Appstore app)
It's taking about 45sec to 1 minute to download 1meg
Awful
No leaves on the line, no snow in the streets either Sad
So what is the progress on fixing this issue ?
cheers
scootie
Grafter

off topic so sry nextgen.
Quote from: the
I have large CD collection and 90% - 95% of my music is ripped from CDs. 

where do you live. cause i think i might just set up a music shop up in your town. should break even just on your sales alone Shocked
the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

lots of Naxos Classical CDs at £5 a go   :), collection goes back to late 1980s! Still prefer CDs rather than download.
In an effort to get back on topic Itunes is practically unusable in the evning s still. I tried listening to some 30 sec sample tracks but it was hopeless - constantly rebuffering

abrooks

Would like to chime in here and say that my download speeds from iTunes, and Xbox live have gone through the roof in the last week or so. Whatever you guys said you were going to do has worked a treat, just downloaded a high definition rental from iTunes and managed to begin watching after a reasonable buffer had downloaded.
Well done PN!
scootie
Grafter

bein getting the problem of not being able to buffer xbl streaming videos. around the 7pm-10pm time.
changed to unlimited now so will see what the case is over nxt few days.
nextgenconsoles
Grafter

an appstore download seemed pretty quick at 10:45pm yesterday, but there's some new XBMP stuff going on today, so I'll give that a download at 7pmish
scootie
Grafter

all as bein fine apart from the past couple of nights at peakest of peak time. and didnt realy check all the inside xbox videos out so thats why i said i would keep an eye on it esp now iam on unlimited with new lower speed caps.
nextgenconsoles
Grafter

definitely quicker last night. Downloaded a 54mb XBLA demo. It was going at about 90kb/s, so about a quarter of my actual line speed, but from whats been said, that's because download servers are throttled on my tariff after 4pm
So thanks PN, for sorting it out.
I might look at moving to the Plusnet Pro from the premier broadband 1 as that's suits my needs more, i.e the ability to download at full pelt  in the evenings - I'm not worried about scheduling downloads between 8am to 4pm which the premier broadband 1 gives you over Plusnet pro.
Will I keep all my settings, static ip etc if I upgrade via the site ?
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: nextgenconsoles
Will I keep all my settings, static ip etc if I upgrade via the site ?

Single static IPs you keep yes, email and other stuff remains the same too
scootie
Grafter

back to the same old buffring of xbl streaming vidoes at peak times. bein the same way for awhile now but is gettin worse each day.
tried to watch sentuamessage video tonight which about 2 mins long took a minute to buffering at start and rebufferd 3 times during playing.
in the end it buffred for around 4-5 mins which is a joke when the video is only 2 mins long.
some work needs doing on sperating the streaming videos on xbl from the game add on's/demos as being in the 0x60 gold plated queue is just not working for xbl streaming.
would put a  Smiley my face if you could get the network guys to work on this.
James
Grafter

Yep.
I'll highlight with Dave.  Believe the next segment is due for the end of the month.
What speeds are you seeing on "Download Server" traffic?
scootie
Grafter

not sure. i will do some test downloads later.
i just know the streaming is effected by the managment as after midnight it runs tip top so its not my rubish length of string at fault.
looking at the graphs i can see an extra 10,000 customers routers conected at peak time compared to when captured the graph on the day the new products was launched and packet drop graphs have peak packet drop bettween 6pm10pm and the midnight spike is disappering
EDIT. just done test download of the itunes app at 16.30 and getting 110KB/s  i will try mid peak time as i think this will be alot slower