cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow XBLM, PSN, Itunes Store downloads after 6pm

James
Grafter

Re: Slow XBLM, PSN, Itunes Store downloads after 6pm

Carl's rolled the changes on Unlimited, Premier Option 1 and BBYW Option 2.
Please do let me know if you're seeing an improvement.
scootie
Grafter

will do. give it a  test at around 9-10pm tonight and hopefuly all streams play like a dream and wireshark dosent need to come out and can be shiped off to a japan restaurant for awhile Smiley
scootie
Grafter

just switched xbox on at 7.30pm to see if the sig worked and my face soon looked like this  Sad
havent got any wireshark's to back up that there still 0x60 but most are not buffering.
The 2 on there about the gaming bafta's buffer up straight away so they must be 0x80.
i jumped gateways to make sure the new rules where being applyed on my unlimited account but still the same.
looks like its back to the drawing board
the new ones on there since yestraday will not buffer and looking at the list i posted yestraday seems all the 0x60's on there are still the same
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

can you try again while i look at your connection, thanks
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

took a look at some flows that match the signature and those users are definitely using an Xbox so I'm assuming they are streaming some XBL content ..
scootie
Grafter

sry CN missed your post.
i had another blast at streaming after i fhinshed on cod waw at about 10pm and same as before.
i will see if one of the many laptops in this house are free and get capture if non are free i will do it in the morning.
Any chance that runing non encypted and encptyed bittorrent at same time as streaming could affect the XBL streaming sig as i had them uploading at 20% of my total upload bandwidth.
i know this true with the temp sig for encpt spotify traffic but cant see p2p effecting xblm sig
cubsfan
Dabbler

Quote from: cubsfan
Anyway, they are planning another live test tonight (Yankees v Red Sox), so, if I am still awake, and I can get past the wife playing solitaire on the computer, I'll try and capture some of the higher bandwidth traffic then.

@_CN_
Have sent you this capture (in another ticket, I have PMed you the ticket number).
scootie
Grafter

dam computers making there owners look  Crazy
just marched down stairs laptop in hand with attitude of i will show him  Grin .
well hooked laptop to xbox set a stream going.(whats this buffered straight away) 0x80 on wireshark Embarrassed .
o CN just got lucky with that stream i think to my self. Test the rest all the same. Glad i didnt place bet on it before hand Cheesy
Well only diffrence from when i tried with out wireshark is i was on pte-ag1(i think) and changed to pcl-ag01 in beetween testing with wireshark because i was only getting 5KB/s upload on a private ratio watch tracker(not gd) and pcl-ag01 gave me my max 82KB's(strange)
Any way thanks PN guys an girls for getting this xblm sig live. i thought it would of taken you longer to come with the sig so top marks all round.( NO jameseh that dosent translate to DRINKS all round ;D)
EDIT: whats so special about jameseh and who programed that in to the forum. oldjim what have told you about taking you gandolf staff out the metal box Grin
James
Grafter

I asked the moderators to amend the swear filter so that my name linked to sending me a PM.
A number of people haven't been sure how to do so, so I thought it made sense to make it a little bit easier Smiley
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Cheesy
@ cubsfan - do you mind if I remove your temp workaround to see how you go on, we have made all the changes we think are required to ensure MLB.tv streams (live & archived) work fine at peak
cubsfan
Dabbler

@_CN_
Yes, you can do that.  I could have a go at testing the archived streams tonight (hopefully), and a live stream tomorrow evening.
On a related note, I understand that the game to be streamed tomorrow (Thursday) will be available for free.  Perhaps, you could make use of that to test for yourself (not that I mind testing, but it would make the testing loop a little shorter).  I suspect that you would have to register (for free) on their website, which you can do here (Registration Page), and to get the higher bandwidth streams, you will need the customised Swarmcast Autobahn plugin (called NexDef), which you can fetch from here (Download Page).  The game that is being streamed live is the Yankees at Phillies game, which starts at 5:05pm GMT, and you will be able to access the new player from here (Yankees at Phillies).  The game will probably last a couple of hours (until about 7pm), and usually the stream is there up to an hour in advance (although it isn't always working properly at that time), so from about 4pm.
By the way, have you looked at all the different feeds?  There is the Swarmcast Autobahn one (for higher bandwidth streams on live games), the rtmp to mp4 or flv one (for lower bandwidth streams and archived games), and the mms to wmv one for the old player, which will still be used to access any archived games from previous years.  Apologies if I have somewhat mangled the terminology here.
Edit: Minor change to URL for starting the free stream this evening, as they are releasing a new beta version of the flash media player.
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi cubsfan,
I've removed your temp fix.
I'll have a go at that free stream, thanks
I believe I have all methods covered now, if there are any other changes required hopefully we can find them pretty quickly and make live.
Also many thanks for your help on this, really appreciated!
cubsfan
Dabbler

@_CN_
I have had a play with a few of the streams, although I guess the acid test will be this evening's game.  I have only been able to look at archived games so far.  The Swarmcast stream has 0x80, the lower bandwidth rtmp streams have 0x80, the WIndows Media stream for the older archives has 0x80, but the streams to the old Silverlight player still has 0x60.  Also, something I hadn't mentioned previously (so, obviously you wouldn't have looked at it), if you look at this page (http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp) you will see that it is used for playing flash videos (if you click on one of the images you will get a video).  The download of those flash videos is currently 0x60.  I don't know whether you consider that those videos should be classed as web browsing, but, if so, they would, presumably need to be re-classified.  And, similarly for this page from ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/clip?id=null&categoryid=2521705).
Now, I doubt I will ever use the stream to the Silverlight player again, as that interface was horrible anyway (irrespective of any throttling issues), and, regarding the pages of flash videos, I actually fetch all the ones I want at off peak times, using a cronjob which stores them on my local machine ready for when I want to watch them, so neither of these are really a problem for me, especially when put in the context of where I was with this stuff before you got to work on it.
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: cubsfan
@_CN_
Yes, you can do that.  I could have a go at testing the archived streams tonight (hopefully), and a live stream tomorrow evening.
On a related note, I understand that the game to be streamed tomorrow (Thursday) will be available for free.  Perhaps, you could make use of that to test for yourself (not that I mind testing, but it would make the testing loop a little shorter).  I suspect that you would have to register (for free) on their website, which you can do here (Registration Page), and to get the higher bandwidth streams, you will need the customised Swarmcast Autobahn plugin (called NexDef), which you can fetch from here (Download Page).  The game that is being streamed live is the Yankees at Phillies game, which starts at 5:05pm GMT, and you will be able to access the new player from here (Yankees at Phillies).  The game will probably last a couple of hours (until about 7pm), and usually the stream is there up to an hour in advance (although it isn't always working properly at that time), so from about 4pm.
By the way, have you looked at all the different feeds?  There is the Swarmcast Autobahn one (for higher bandwidth streams on live games), the rtmp to mp4 or flv one (for lower bandwidth streams and archived games), and the mms to wmv one for the old player, which will still be used to access any archived games from previous years.  Apologies if I have somewhat mangled the terminology here.
Edit: Minor change to URL for starting the free stream this evening, as they are releasing a new beta version of the flash media player.

I'm watching this and all classified as I'd want it to be - streaming Cheesy  Have to say the quality is nice just not my game, I'm an ice hockey person and my favorite player is my son, he's pretty cool on the ice ..
cubsfan
Dabbler

Yep, thanks Carl, the stream is definitely coming through completely unthrottled.  The picture looks pretty good on my new (ish) LCD TV, certainly a huge step up from previous years.  However, it has been a bit pixelated, and the plugin has been crashing occasionally, but I think that those are down to the beta nature of the feed and the player (certainly not a problem with the internet connection).
Many thanks for all your efforts getting this sorted out.  Looks like I have a cracking season's viewing ahead of me, especially all those Cubs day games.