cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speed started tonight.

coatseh
Grafter

Re: Slow Speed started tonight.

Just did the quiet line test and there appears to be nothing that would suggest any issues.
coatseh
Grafter

Just tested the line speed and got around 18.5mbs so seems much better now!  Crazy
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

You've had a few drops of late which may have caused issues.

EDIT: Just seen your new post. Glad to see it's improved.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
coatseh
Grafter

Just as a follow up to that did a BT speed check just to test that its still in that region but its down to around 14.77 again just wondering why this might be?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi,
If you fancy some detailed monitoring, please download RouterStats (full) using the link below and configure as per the other link, with the exception of making the maximum on the RX synch speed graph 24000kbps.
Then post the RX noise plot - then we will keep a watch on things.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

coatseh
Grafter

Just started running that graph will keep you update!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Good news  Grin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

coatseh
Grafter

So I ran the software throughout the night and here's an example of the downstream noise I was getting throughout. Does there look anything that would cause me to lose a few mb around (3-5 off what is expected from this?)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi,
Its a bit difficult to tell for sure.  This is not configured as I recommended (see link below) as there is not enough granularity" (resolution) in the data sampling rate.  To see clearly what is happening requires a 10 second sample rate.
Also it is useful to overlay the synch speed on the Rx noise plot.
What the plot appears to show is a rock solid 6dB SNRM - if the same is seen on a higher resolution plot, then all is fine there.

coatseh
Grafter

Hi. The option to reduce the sample rate seems to be locked at 20 seconds. Not really sure how to edit this?
How do you overlay them? I have all the graphs but there currently seperate (on different tabs).
dick:quote
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Townman is logged off at the moment - the sample frequency is set from the 'options' tab in the bitloading bar.
If you right click on the Rx noise graph you will see an option to overlay the sync speed.
coatseh
Grafter

Thanks alot. Got it sorted now hopefully will run it again Smiley
dick:quote
coatseh
Grafter

Heres a sample of whats been going on today.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Wow, That is a rock solid 6.xdB!
Can you please change the Y axis maximum on the Rx synch plot to 24000 kbps.
Quote from: Townman
... configure as per the other link, with the exception of making the maximum on the RX synch speed graph 24000kbps.

coatseh
Grafter

Will do!