Slow Speed since last night / this morning

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Slow Speed since last night / this morning

Hi Tony,
Here to help... Cheesy
What are the chances of getting BTw to fix this for Daniel?  Could this failure have any possible bearing on his VP congestion like symptoms?
If VP congestion is not the cause of his horrible BQMs then something else must be.  Shocked
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Quote from: Townman
What are the chances of getting BTw to fix this for Daniel? 

I'd love to think they'll sort it really quickly.

Quote from: Townman
Could this failure have any possible bearing on his VP congestion like symptoms?

Initially I'd say no. This has been checked out and appears to be OK. However, there are checks I want to do with another team to rule out any other possibilities.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
StingA
Grafter

Hey
Speeds have already started to slow down already tonight. - Just to think this time last week it was perfect!
Tests are over a wired connection.

The TBB test also printed out the usual: "Your test shows variable download speeds. This may be down congestion or other issues"
Daniel
StingA
Grafter

Hey
A quick test before I turn in for the night shows everything back to normal:

I noticed during the evening that my base ping literally halved. BQM confirms this. - My base ping was around 10ms higher after my TPM was re re done.

Bit spooky, anyone have any theories?
Daniel
StingA
Grafter

Hey
Unfortunatley this hasn't fixed itself.

I still can't complete a further diagnostic test.
Daniel
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: plusnettony
I'd love to think they'll sort it really quickly.
However, there are checks I want to do with another team to rule out any other possibilities.

@Tony,
Is there any route to getting the TAP test fixed for this line please?
Did your checks with another team identify anything useful?
If Daniel's VP is (according to BT) not saturated what else might explain these rather low data speed tests please?

Quote from: StingA
I noticed during the evening that my base ping literally halved. BQM confirms this. - My base ping was around 10ms higher after my TPM was re re done.
Bit spooky, anyone have any theories?

@Daniel,
I suggest that there was a PPP drop at that time (possibly PN's profile catching up?) resulting in a gateway and / or BT routing change.
21:00 is not the best of time for doing a reference speed check. Just to confirm - all you speed tests are still wired?  Just need to ensure we are comparing apples with apples.  Cheesy
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

StingA
Grafter

Hey
Apologies for the lack of reply over the last few days, I have been bedridden with a throat infection that hit me like a truck.
All my speed tests are wired, my pc is connected directly to the TP-Link via network cable.
A few days ago when I experienced slowdown I tried a larger download to see what the average throughput was like over a period of time, - which was 3.xxmb/s, but what I found more interesting was the mess that it caused on the BQM. - Before my TPM I would never see the green spass like that.

The last two VP reports show my VP as being Green / Blue so there must be something else at play?
Could there be anything up with the TPM or the port that I am connected to on the line card at the DSLAM?
What else could be causing the symptoms that I am experiencing?
Tony has advised that at the moment he feels BTw have done everything they can, so I am at a bit of a loss.
Daniel
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@CRT,
Is Tony sound please?  Is there anything in my last questions which might help find a solution here?  If VP congestion is not the cause of the evidenced issue, what else might be please?
Cheers,
Kevin

StingA
Grafter

And still the demons of evening slowdown rumble on.

And still the tap 3 fails.

And still nothing changes.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I've still got the ticket open on the account, and I'm following what we can do here, other than sending engineers.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Tony,
Any new news on Daniel's issue please?
Did the "other team" come up with any bright ideas?  If yes, did they work, can the knowledge be shared please?
Are there any answers to the question "If it is not VP congestion which is giving rise to the VP congest like BQMs what is the cause of Daniel's congestion like BQM's?"
Cheers,
Kevin

StingA
Grafter

Hey
Tony has offered me another TPM, is it worthwhile doing?
Nothing has changed with regards to peak time issues.
Daniel
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Well at the risk of extreme irony the latest VP report shows your VP as amber (go figure)
There's two blue ones and three amber ones at the moment.
I'll have a word with Tony tomorrow but a TPM will probably be needed again.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
StingA
Grafter

What worries me about a TPM is if BTw mess it up like last time and leave me with no connectivity for a prolonged period.
I don't quite understand how a new blue VP can go from blue to amber whilst other VPs go from amber to blue? Unless someone at BTw has no idea what they are doing?

This was left on my ticket by Tony, does anyone have an idea what it means?
INTERNAL:
Problem Explanation: [KL05] The circuit is affected by TT. The Incident detail is as follows - Incident ID: AF-AR-OP-855426 Start Date: 14-04-2015 16:15:27 and Estimated Completion Date: 14-04-2015 20:15:27. For details about all the incidents affecting this circuit, click Network Incidence Check button in the Drill Down View.
Resolution/Recommendation: Please inform the End User of this.

Daniel
StingA
Grafter

Tony raised a TPM request and I think it completed tonight around 20:45. My connection died and did not come back up. Line sync and SNR have changed for the worst.
I went to the exchange when I realised about 15-20mins later, lights were on but all locked up.
My router is reporting PPP error, which is the same error when they messed it up last time.
Will it take BTw another 10+ days to get connectivity restored like last time?
What sort of business structure breeds this high level of incompetence?
I am absolutely furious.
Daniel