cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speed since last night / this morning

StingA
Grafter

Re: Slow Speed since last night / this morning

Hey Matthew, thanks for looking into for me.
Direct link for the graph is http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/df416861059115e19816dd6164f81d5e.html
I'm on a dynamic IP but don't plan to reboot my router so should be ok.
Do you know the id of the VP that I am on?
Dan
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Cheers for that.
I'll make sure the agent is aware. The NCIF your on is still the one ending in 4018.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
StingA
Grafter

Hey Matthew
Could you possibly look at my ticket again please? Just get the feeling I am going around in circles and not really getting anywhere.
The chap I spoke to last week said that the NCIF I am on was showing as Green. After suffering speeds of < 1mb over the weekend I checked this out for myself, the last three VP Status reports from BTw show my NCIF as Amber. It does make me wonder if anyone is fighting my issue if what I'm told contradicts what I can find out with 60 seconds of Google.
Dan
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'll have a look into this for you shortly.
Sorry to see that its ongoing.
[EDIT]
Right there are three amber VP's at your exchange which complicates things.
As far as we can see you are on the green one which means there should be more then enough capacity.
It does tie our hands a bit as there's no point in moving you to another VP if the others are all amber.
I'll get our Faults team to chase this up and find out when they're due to add more capacity
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
StingA
Grafter

Hey
Thanks for getting back to me Matthew.
What NCIF do you believe me to be on?
My report is showing my VP ending 4018 as Amber, with 107488 showing as green.
BTw won't be adding any extra capacity but with speeds being less than 1mb at times over the weekend I don't believe I am on the best balanced VP.

Last week I was given a static ip and asked to provide links for the ping monitor, which I did for Monday and Tuesday, I was told that someone would be looking at the graphs on Wednesday morning and deciding what to do next but no one got back to me. I've included the last 3 days below.

Dan
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Our records show you as being on the one ending 7488 which is the green one on the latest report.
That ping monitor doesn't look good at all.
What concerns me is that if they're reporting that one as green then how bad would the ones reported as Amber look!
The issue is with one of our faults agent as a personal issue so I'll give them a nudge.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
StingA
Grafter

Ok thanks Matthew
I'm a bit confused because in my last telephone call I referred to 4018 as being my VP and I' sure the operator said that 4018 along with 7488 being green. I said that on every report I had looked at (prior to today) that 7488 had appeared as blue, with 4018 mostly appearing amber.
You also confirmed 4018 earlier in the thread. If the case is that I am on 7488 then there must be something else going on because this connection is horrid.
Aye.. when I was on an amber VP the ping was >300, which was when this thread was originally started.
Thanks again for looking into, it is appreciated.
Dan
StingA
Grafter

Well this extra NCIF appeared out of no where, guessing its an error, don't want to get my hopes up.
StingA
Grafter

Hey
It has been over a week since my last contact / update from Plusnet. With my ticket being passed over to someone who deals with BTw regarding 20CN problems.
The new 5th VP has appeared on the VP Status report again (showing as blue), so I am guessing this is not an error.

Please Please Please can someone look into getting me onto this new VP?
I am still suffering huge slow downs at peak times with some evenings being < 0.9mb/s.
Cheers
Dan
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

It takes time to take to change VP's unfortunately. I see the issue is still with Chris though and I'm sure he'll have an update for you imminently. 
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
StingA
Grafter

Hmm I am sure someone could push a VP change through quickly if it was necessary, but sorry for getting ahead of myself, I've not had confirmation that this extra capacity is actually in and live.
Could you possibly tell me if I am under a contract for my phone line and broadband product? I believe I am because last time I had a major issue with contention and throughput it was sorted brilliantly by one of your colleagues. - So impressed I think I locked myself in for 24 months.
Cheers
Dan
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I wouldn't like to post your contract details on the public forum, but if you raise me a ticket (and post the id here), I'll take a look for you.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
StingA
Grafter

Cheers
Dan
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Thanks, I'm answering it now.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
StingA
Grafter

So it is now coming up to 3 weeks since Plusnet last phoned to speak to me about any happenings.
The only other contact I have had with them is for them to advise I am under contract for another 12 months. I find it strange that last time I had a problem and wasn't under contract Plusnet staff were brilliant, alas under contract they seem to have a completely different attitude.
My throughput has got worse and worse, I don't really understand how, its not like 100 new properites have been made live.
If anyone reading this has any experience or futher advice on what my next steps I can take then please chirp in.

Thanks
Daniel