Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speed since Major Outage on 30 March

acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Slow Speed since Major Outage on 30 March

Prior to the major outage on 30 March I was synching at approx 7.5meg. With no connection during the evening I switched the router off overnight (I normally leave it on) and found on switching it back on the following day I had my connection back but my sync speed was down to approx 2meg (with a SNR Margin of 30). Two days later I restarted my router and the sync speed increased to its normally constant 7.5meg but my actual speeds are, 72 hours further on, still being restricted by the Plusnet  line speed of 1.75 meg. I have tried several times to carry out a BT Speed Test to establish what the BT IP profile is but always get the same error message.
Currently my router stats are:- Up Speed 448000, Down Speed 7456000, SNR Margin 10 & Loop Att 17.5.
Should I just be waiting even longer for the BT / Plusnet systems to catch up with my increased sync speed or is there a deeper problem here? Is my inability to carry out a BT speed test linked to the failure of systems to update my line speed ?

4 REPLIES 4
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Slow Speed since Major Outage on 30 March

Hi acr,
I'm just looking at what's going on with your line. I'm not sure why it's not updating but I'm going to reset it which should kick it back into action.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi acr,
Just been onto BT they say it is now showing 7150k. I've changed your profile on our side and this should reboot it to the higher rate within about 15 minutes.
Jojo Smiley
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Problem solved. Now back up to full speed.
Many thanks Jojo.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Aw great. Thanks for letting me know Smiley