cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speed both ways

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Re: Slow Speed both ways

I don't know, but it seems that Scotter came on to the forum yesterday at 18:12 quoting similar symptoms to mine, and by 19:30 his problem was fixed. Someone from Plusnet (cant remember the name) picked it up and did whatever was necessary, so why am I still having problems - where is Plusnet?
dick:csa
penneck
Aspiring Pro

Its something I have just discovered in my router setup, but should the Encapsulation be set to PPPoA or PPPoE? It seems that Plusnet decides which it should be, but is the setting of this in my router done by me or does Plusnet do that remotely? At the moment I am set to PPPoA
penneck
Aspiring Pro

An update. It seems that Plusnet had started work on this on 16th. I didn't find out until I went to the Members Centre and spotted the  ticket. Had a phone call from Plusnet tonight to say the line had been capped. What is the difference between capped and banded? They have removed the cap, but there was a fault somewhere so an engineer is coming to see me on the 28th December. The 200kbps figure has gone up to 2.4Mbps, but the 800kbps figure hasn't changed.
A question - say my Netgear router was faulty so causing line instability, as a result of which my line was capped or banded, if I then changed the router, would that have still given me low speed readings just because the line was capped or banded? In other words, could my attempt to see if the Netgear router was causing the problem have been a waste of time because the cap would have prevented a good router working at speed anyway?
Thanks - merry Christmas