cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Internet

laurajae

Slow Internet

Hi,

The majority of the time when I want to use the internet I have to disconnect and reconnect my wifi and then I'll get about 1 minute of internet before it stops working again. Using an ethernet cable does not improve its performance by much, although it does mean I don't have to keep disconnecting the internet. 

I have just run a diagnostics test for my internet and it says my speeds are as follows:

Download Speed (Mbps): 10.32

Upload Speed (Mbps): 0.08

Ping Latency (ms): 11349

My husband is starting to work from home and his work have said the speeds are unacceptable. We are renting with the landlords living abroad so unable to contact plus net for us to sort it out.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to speed up the internet and ensure we don't have to keep reconnecting every time we want to load a webpage? 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Re: Slow Internet

Hi @laurajae

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your broadband.

I've checked the connection this side and it looks like the signal strength for your line is set too low which could explain the issues you are having.

The good news is it's a fairly easy fix and I have placed an order to up your signal strength which should complete in the next hour. If you then turn the router off and then on again in a hour or later the connection should be back to normal for you. Let us know how it goes.

I would also advise you to try and change the wireless channels on your router if you continue to have to disconnect and reconnect your wifi devices as shown on the following link

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team