cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Internet speed / intermittent cut outs

DigitalDummy

Slow Internet speed / intermittent cut outs

Hello,

Firstly my apologies if this is not the right place to ask this question!

If I am in the right place I would appreciate if anyone can help me please or whether I need to contact plusnet on the phone tomorrow?

We have very slow internet speed in general but normally get a consistent line with 6mbps download and 0.6 mbps upload. We have changed router from the provided plusnet one to a NETGEAR D7800 to boost the wifi range around the house (this was from advice from the IT chap at my work).

This worked as normal for the first few days (with achieved wifi boost around the house also) but for the last week we have been experiencing intermittent cut outs and a much slower (almost unworkable) speed of 0.18mbps download and 0.40mbps upload.

The router is connected to master socket (test socket within) and speed tests have been completed via cable with all other devices switched off.

I have also reconnected the plusnet Router and this was also producing the same slow/intermittent cut outs.

I've been onto the troubleshooting guide via my login on plusnet but this was all OK and the ticket was closed, which is how I have ended up on here...

Appreciate any help,

Thanks, Mark

1 REPLY 1
DigitalDummy

Re: Slow Internet speed / intermittent cut outs

Attached information as noted required for slow speed posts.

Thanks,

Mark