cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow FTTC

998wrapper

Slow FTTC

Hello again. I have had a engineer to fit faster parcial FTTC broadband today. I have got this connection through PlusNet and was promised 7mb/s down and 1mb/s up. The engineer came installed the new faceplate and all the other components,it all synced up fine and he did his tests and left. Then later that day I tested the speed and got 3.00 mb/s download and 1mb/s so I was not happy and told plusnet. A few days later after plusnet had done a lot of testing I had a bt engineer checking and completing a lift and shift. I am 1 mile from the local cabinet on a farm so this shows the slow speeds . The line is part copper and part aluminium the engineer told me so he says there is nothing he can do... So I wondered if you guys can help me with my slow speed. I'm not that good with this kind of stuff so correct me if I'm wrong anywhere. Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Slow FTTC

Hi 998wrapper,
Welcome to our community forums.
I've taken a look over your connection and the fault you've had raised previously. As you're aware you're on a very long line and it seems that we've gone to extensive lengths to try and see if anything can be done.
Unfortunately it seems your line is performing at it's maximum capability as it stands and we wouldn't be able to improve that further.
Sorry it's not the news you wanted to hear.
Chris
998wrapper

Is there any hope for the future ? Better speeds ?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

A mile from the cabinet with some aluminium is never going to be ideal though BT are trialing something called 'vectoring' which may give you some hope if it gets adopted.
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2013/04/bt-confirm-first-uk-trial-areas-for-superfast-broadband...
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.