cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Download Speeds

EP12001

Slow Download Speeds

I’ve had problems with the Internet for at least a fortnight, slow speeds and dropping out. Tend to ignore it and hope it will go away but think I finally have to do something now. Wait times on the phone mean that isn’t worth it and no online chat available so wondering if there is a way to get my line checked via this forum? Speed tests suggest download speed is stuck around 2Mbps, have tried restarting router. Have had problems with the line in the past.

8 REPLIES 8
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Slow Download Speeds

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your download speeds.

We've tested your line and that's showing a external fault.

This has been raised to our suppliers who will investigate further

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
EP12001

Thanks Matthew.

EP12001

Can I ask if I need to take any further action, should I be expecting someone to get in touch with me?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @EP12001

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I can see that my colleague has raised a fault ticket for you here.

I've tested the line for you this morning and the external fault we detected has now been resolved. As you're still experiencing drops in connection I would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting here, particularly the section on connecting your router to the test socket.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, we'd likely need to send an engineer to your premises to take a further look. Feel free to let us know how you get on here and we'll be happy to assist further.

Best wishes

Dave

EP12001

At the moment all seems to be ok again, fingers crossed it stays that way. Thanks for the support

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @EP12001,

I'm glad to hear that your connection looks to be working properly at the moment. If you experience any further issues with it, please run through the troubleshooting guide that my colleague, Dave, has sent and let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
EP12001

Hi,

The problem has reoccurred, download speeds right back down to 2mbps.  The phone line is also noisy, which has indicated an external fault the two times it has happened in the past.

Currently on the phone to customer services, well waiting on the phone, hopefully I'll get through.

Elaine.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @EP12001 

I'm really sorry that this has happened. 

I have looked and can see we have re raised this issue to our supplier again via this ticket

Further updates will be added to the ticket once we receive them.

Please accept my apologies, and thank you for the patience and understanding you have shown whilst we have been working on this issue.

Thanks,

MoR