Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Browsing

jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Slow Browsing

Is anyone else finding speeds slower for browsing and using iplayer youtube since everyone is downloading the new IOS7 updates for iphones.
8 REPLIES 8
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Slow Browsing

I'm using mine at home at the moment and it seems absolutely fine.
Are you having problems on multiple devices?
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Having the slow browsing across three computers all via wired connections youtube buffers non stop on a low quality but iplayer would play 3 seconds of content and then say insufficient bandwidth speedtest shows the speed has slowed down but im not sure if this is to do with the latest IOS7 Update that many people are downloading. I did read the same thing happend a while back with a previous IOS download slowed the internet down. Bt speedtester won't allow me to complete a test just generates an error page.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Can you try logging in to your router and clicking 'Disconnect' and wait 10 seconds and click 'Connect' again?
I'm wondering if a gateway hop might improve things.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Quote from: jamesanstee
Is anyone else finding speeds slower for browsing and using iplayer youtube since everyone is downloading the new IOS7 updates for iphones.

Yes i am also found Sky Go , poor quality with quite a bit of buffering, speed tests come back fine tho.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

fwiw, I'm not seeing any issues.  720P Youtube video plays fine.  Speedtest.net results also look fine.  I am on fibre though.
PN usage graphs does just a jump in usage from 6pm to coincide with iOS 7 release in UK.
http://www.plus.net/support/service/network_performance/broadband_bandwidth_usage.shtml
I'm using ptw-ag01 gateway at the moment.
ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Was on gateway ptn-ag01 and have now switched to pcl-ag01  speed looks worse on that and ping much higher.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We've been simultaneously using 1*Netflix(SD) + 1*Youtube(720p) + 1*online PC gaming + 1*Xbox live gaming + 2*browsing + 3*email on our 7Mbps 20CN ADSL connection and not a hint of and slowdown or buffering.  Speedtest results are also running as fast as it ever gets, and latency is normal.
Smiley
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Speeds seem to have picked up a bit now .