cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Broadband / Reduced Max Broadband Speed

robinsonhelen
Hooked

Slow Broadband / Reduced Max Broadband Speed

Broadband has been extremely slow for a couple of months now. Previously the max achievable speed has needed to be reset. After a BT diagnostic test it seems the max speed has dropped down again. PlusNet estimates speed should be between 7-8Mb for our line. Further details below.

Any help appreciated.

Speed Test.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Slow Broadband / Reduced Max Broadband Speed

Looking at your line it had a number of disconnections on Sunday/Monday as can be seen here:

Your line is currently connecting through at just over 6Mb/s, if it stays stable the profile shown on that BT test will increase within the next 24 hours.

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 16.5 32.5
SNR Margin: 23 17
Errored Seconds: 0 0
HEC Errors: 0 0
Cell Count: 203324241 763170395
Speed: 448 6144

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 5120 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 4096
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 86400 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 86400
Indicative Line Quality: G Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 86400

If the profile hasn't increased by tomorrow please let me know and we'll force a reset of the line, we don't want to do this initially as the DLM is currently working as intended.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
robinsonhelen
Hooked

Good Evening.

Just an update on my issue. I've let the line do its own thing for a few days and retested the speed. The IP profile has raised slightly but the rate I'm connected at is still far below what it should be capable of (and what we've previously had).

Any help is much appreciated.

Speed test 2.jpg

Chris
Legend

Can you try a single disconnect/reconnect of the router and see what the speeds are looking like after that please.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
robinsonhelen
Hooked

Hello again! Thanks for the help so far, for around 2 weeks the speeds returned to what they used to be (approx. 7-8Mb). However towards the end of last week (around Thursday i think) the speed dropped off a cliff again. After several unsuccessful attempts to run a BT Test i have finally got one.

Speed Test 4th Feb.jpg

Running the test and posting on here has taken me around an hour so any help is much appreciated.

Ta.

robinsonhelen
Hooked

Bump as any help is appreciated.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry for the delay.

I'm running a few tests on your line.

[edit]

Your connection is dropping frequently which is why your speed profile is low as shown below.

image14864850662898

We'll need to get to the bottom of that first. Can you go through the steps here and let us know how you get on?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
teddysmum
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

My service has never been good since leaving Sky. The really bad start up in October seemed to settle with 'fair' speeds inferior to Sky's but with at least one drop out per day. However, things got bad last week with frequent drops to unusable speeds, so I raised a ticket.

The CS person said they could see drops, so said there would be an investigation and I had a message yesterday, saying there had been no drops for 14 hours so things seemed sorted.

Good...er no.

yesterday and earlier today, I just dipped in and out so didn't notice any problems, but tonight, there was not enough input to even load the Ookla page, then I got a brilliant 0.52 up, 0.12 down with ping795, followed bu up 2.21, down 0.12 with ping 113.

I've responded to the ticket, as obviously things are not sorted.

We've had broadband for years, recently O2, then Sky and have never had this kind of problem, before.

robinsonhelen
Hooked

Hello again

Ok so i've gone through those tests and everything checks out fine.

Speed as of today is 0.31Mb. IP profile of 0.5Mb 

Any help appreciated.

robinsonhelen
Hooked

Good morning,

Any updates on this?

Ta.
robinsonhelen
Hooked

Good afternoon!

My broadband continues to be extremely slow. Please can I have an update on how investigations are going?

Ta.
Chris
Legend

I'm afraid no investigations have happened as this doesn't appear to have been reported to us as a fault yet. The troubleshooting guide should point you to report an issue if the testing it advises doesn't help.

I'd advise getting this reported to us as a fault at https://faults.plus.net - once you've done so let us know here and we'll make sure this is picked up asap.

robinsonhelen
Hooked

Hi again,

Fault has been raised.

Ta.