cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow BB, dropping , High SNR. Again......

emmanneil
Dabbler

Slow BB, dropping , High SNR. Again......

It's started again with my line dropping out, I normally don't notice it as it just comes back in, but now the speed has dropped by 1MB. I raised a fault but have been told that I have to pay for anything if it's a fault with internal cabling, how when it has been like this since I moved in and got plusnet. It has had problems since I have had it, but it was a stable speed now it has dropped I notice. I am not bothered if It drops but just keep the speed the same. Dont tell me about the line adjusting if it keeps dropping as it thinks that It can not cope as I know this . My line is quite long but has higher than normal SNR which I did mention in a previous fault .
Can some one look at this and send out an engineer like I requested in the fault online ticket.
Roll on January!
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Slow BB, dropping , High SNR. Again......

Hi there,
I raised a fault but have been told that I have to pay for anything if it's a fault with internal cabling,

This is exactly the same for each fault raised where an engineer visit is booked, please don't take that us as trying to state that is the issue in hand and we do appreciate it's not likely to be the issue.
I can see you've replied to our request on the ticket for dates for an engineer visit earlier today so our faults team will get that booked in for you and respond ASAP.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
emmanneil
Dabbler

I asked for this 3 days ago but no one has contacted me, I away from Friday until November so anytime before then would be great.
emmanneil
Dabbler

Also can I request an SNR reset too as my profile is not the same at both ends.
the profile BT have is 1.25Mbps. whilst my connection rate at my end is 1.7.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I away from Friday until November so anytime before then would be great.

I'll take a look now for you.
Also can I request an SNR reset too as my profile is not the same at both ends.

Sorted, that just needed a profile update rather than an SNR reset.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
emmanneil
Dabbler

thanks i have just rebooted my router but my profile is still the same
Your DSL Connection Rate :1.76 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 1.25 Mbps
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've just booked an appointment for you and have updated your ticket.
To clarify the 1.25mbps profile matches that on our suppliers systems. From what I can see 1.76mbps  relates to the synch speed and as such the profile is set appropriately at 88.2% of that.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
emmanneil
Dabbler

Thanks , any chance I can get tomorrow after one ?, I know I said 8-1 but I have to go to do something on Thursday at 11am and just realised.
emmanneil
Dabbler

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I've just booked an appointment for you and have updated your ticket.
To clarify the 1.25mbps profile matches that on our suppliers systems. From what I can see 1.76mbps  relates to the synch speed and as such the profile is set appropriately at 88.2% of that.
Adam

I have had it higher than this before though. Also with my attenuation I calculate that this is 4.3 km From the exchange so my ip profile for 20CN should be 2000Kbps or 2.0Mbps not 1.25Mbps or 1250Kbps.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi again,
I appreciate what you're saying, this is partly why were investigating a fault for you. How did things go with the engineer visit today?
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team