cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow And Dropping Broadband Connection

Crag

Slow And Dropping Broadband Connection

Hi there, I've been with Plusnet since May and have usually found the service to be fantastic, however the connection has seemed to be frustratingly difficult since a week ago with a lot of very frequent dropouts (internet light blinking or off on the router) happening along with what seems to be slow speeds when a connection is available. I've tried switching the router on/off, resetting it, plugging into the test port of the phone line and checking each connection but I've seen no real changes over the last week. I also always have three bars on my devices when a connection is possible, even when there are slow connections.

All in all, I'm scratching my head over anything I could be missing, the quality of the service between the past week and the week before is day and night.

Edit: I've tried speed testing and both wired and wireless connections are giving me 0.3mpbs download and 0.5mpbs upload on average, so the issue doesn't seem to be with the wireless itself.

3 REPLIES 3
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Slow And Dropping Broadband Connection

Hi @Crag,

I'm sorry that your connection has become intermittent and slow and for any inconvenience that this is causing you.

I've tested your line and the test has picked up a high resistance line fault but has not determined whether this is internal or external to your property:

Copper Line Test
Circuit ID: CBUKXXXXXXXX Service ID: BBEUXXXXXXXX
Telephone NO.: NA Test Executed On: 26-11-2018 15:59:51
Test Outcome: CIDT FAULT - HIGH RESISTANCE IMBALANCE DETECTED IN NETWORK DTR: T313
Copper Test Details
  A to E B to E
Capacitance: 39 NanoFarad 41 NanoFarad
DP Line Length Estimate: 396 Metres DN Line Length Estimate: 412 Metres
Celerity: 20 dB Line Loss: 6.79 dB
Line Stability:  
Fault Report Advised: Y
Service Level: 2
BRAGOutcome: Very Bad
Faceplate: Cannot Be Detected

It sounds like you've checked most things on your side already but please have a look at our troubleshooting guide here to see if there's anything that you've missed. If the issue persists after this, please report it here and let us know when you've completed it - we'll then be able to progress things further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Crag

Thanks EmilyD.

Unfortunately the troubleshooter is asking me to check a dialtone, Plusnet is only supplying my broadband and I have no landline phone in use either. I'm assuming I have to put down "no dialtone" in this case.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @Crag, thanks for your post.

We've had word from our suppliers that they're going to be able to get the repair done without needing access to your premises.

As soon as they've completed their external works and believe the fault fixed, you'll receive notification.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance in the meantime.