cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sites not loading up

Nikos

Sites not loading up

I have been experiencing a very bad service by Plusnet. Every evening for the last couple of days I have no internet where the router lights appear on but i cannot load any websites. I have tried to change the wifi channel and the connected via an ethernet cable but nothing changed. I have reported this issue 3 or 4 time now. I have raised another fault report on the 16th of Feb but it has not been picked up yet. After speaking to an adviser (3rd time this week) I was told that the fault's team has identified the issue as "disconnects". However at the time speaking to the advisor he could see me connected but I could still not load any pages up.
Customer service is really bad where there is at least 1 hour wait to speak to somebody on the phone and the people that you speak on the chat cannot really help with technical issues. The service has been bad since the beginning (I am new customer) and if it continues like that I want to cancel my contract as Plusnet has failed to deliver a decent service that I am paying for
11 REPLIES 11
hottroc
Grafter

Re: Sites not loading up

So have you raised a fault on faults.plus.net?
I suspect they must have a problem their end as quite a few people on here are having very similar problems.
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Check this out NIKOS:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135471.0.html

Are you using a Plus net supplied TG582n router and windows 7, 8 0r 10?
If  so you may need to ask plus net to modify the firmware on your router.
if not forum members may need to ask a few more questions to diagnose your problem
Good luck
GPS
Nikos

Hi guys,
Thank you both for your response. Yes it seems they are having an issue across the board at the moment. Yes I have raised a fault on Tues but have not heard anything from Plusnet yet... really bad service so far...
gpsmout, thanks for the hint. I believe I have the latest plusnet router (i am not sure the model) since I  i joined beginning of Jan. I will check your post
Regards,
Nikos
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@nikos
Your line is producing an error every 2 seconds on average, this is going to be the cause of the problems you're experiencing and is what needs to get resolved.
Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 2
I could increase the SNR on your line to try and alleviate this, but with it already being at 10db this isn't the best way to resolve the problem.
Is there any noise on your phone line at all? Dial 17070 from a handset plugged in to the master socket.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Nikos

@Chris,
I have dialed this number yet but the phone is generally perfect. Last time I used the line was yesterday and was fine.
Now regarding your response, what I do not understand is how can every morning internet be fine and only in the evening I cannot access any websites. Yesterday evening again I had no internet and without doing anything this morning i was browsing ok.
If I understand you correctly the issue that you have detected is constant but I am only experiencing issues during busy times which to me would indicate a different problem.
What is the next step now and when do you expect to have the issue fixed?
Chris
Legend

Although your SNR margin was at 10db earlier, I've just noticed that the target was actually 3db.
Looking at the line for yesterday, at 6pm the SNR spikes up and the errors increase pretty dramatically, does anything turn on in either your premises or nearby at 6pm? (heating, security light etc)
To try and help with those errors I have increased the target SNR to 6db, I'll leave the fault ticket open with the faults team for further investgation too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Nikos

Hi Chris,
Heating comes on around 7pm but it is also on in the morning when internet is generally on.
The good news now is this evening I have internet, which is the first time that is working in the evenings. What is next now?
Regards,
Nikos
Nikos

After approximately only 10 days I am having the same problems  as before. Internet is really really slow AGAIN!
After you  looked at the problem on the 19th the issue was resolved and now suddenly it reappeared since yesterday... Internet is pretty much unusable in the evenings... I could raise a fault  report report but would probably take a week until somebody picks up the issue.

Can you please check what is going on and suggest a permanent fix?
Nikos

This is hopeless... again the same issues internet is close to unusable again. I have reported an issue 3-4 times now and my issue has not been fixed
Chris
Legend

Quote from: Nikos
I could raise a fault  report report but would probably take a week until somebody picks up the issue.

I can see you've opened a fault report now, the faults team will pick that up and get back to you.
Nikos

Chris,
The investigation came back that there was problem with the SNR again and that you had to reset the line. Now this is a little bit unexpectable. It seems that I am having the same issue as 19th of Feb. Why this SNR keeps resetting?