Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sinking profile/ speed

James
Grafter

Re: Sinking profile/ speed

Hi Lucerne.
IP Profile IS based on sync speed and your IP Profile is currently set at 350Kbps.  HOWEVER, it does take about 3 days for your new profile to be calculated by BT.  On currently sync rates, assuming these remain stable, you're in few a pretty nice improvement.
Useful reading.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: decomplexity
.....using wireless or Homeplug-type links.....
Out of interest what is difference between a HomePLug link and one of the router by master socket and a USB transmitter by cptr?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Luzern
Hero

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi Lucerne.
  On currently sync rates, assuming these remain stable, you're in few a pretty nice improvement.
Useful reading.
Thanks.I must say with a Wink naturally that the system as it is should be acronymed as ACBS. Asymmetrical Customer B*********n System. 75 min if speed drops nut wait 3 days if it improves.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Luzern
Hero

Quote from: Jameseh

Useful reading.
Merely FYI some of the piccies are not very good quality.
James
Grafter

Yeah, that's my fault and some fairly poor screen dumping.
Luzern
Hero

Quote from: lucerne
Quote from: decomplexity
.....using wireless or Homeplug-type links.....
Out of interest what is difference between a HomePLug link and one of the router by master socket and a USB transmitter by cptr?
  NO takers to educate me then? Smiley
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Homeplug connects over a pair of adaptors plugged into electrical sockets using the electrical wiring as carrier; in the intended context USB uses a wireless connection.
The range is potentially far better using Homeplug but the adaptors are more expensive.
David
Luzern
Hero

Quote from: spraxyt
Homeplug connects over a pair of adaptors plugged into electrical sockets using the electrical wiring as carrier........
Did I read somewhere here. that the noise from an electrical spike caused someone's connection to slow down greatly. Why then is relying on the mains not subject to speed loss through spikes  and other interferences?