cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since moving broadband cuts out between rooms

beckyjs1990

Since moving broadband cuts out between rooms

We moved house and plusnet messed up our house move. But that’s another story.
Since moving we’ve had nothing but problems. Our router is plugged into the master socket which is in the kitchen. It cuts off of devices when we enter the very next room unfortunately this is the living room so where most of our devices are connected. Makes for very frustrating connection times and a lot of buffering! Is there such a thing as a booster plusnet can provide? After the mess up we had with the house move now this I’m reluctant to go ahead and buy a booster myself! Not much good to me having broadband only in the kitchen !
2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Since moving broadband cuts out between rooms

@beckyjs1990 Welcome to the forum

The Plusnet Hub Zero supplied to ADSL customers has very poor WiFi performance. Rather than buying a booster go on to an auction site such as EBay and get a BT Smarthub 6 for very little money. These work on both ADSL and fibre, they look better and have far superior performance. Setting instructions are here   https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

beckyjs1990

Re: Since moving broadband cuts out between rooms

More money to make the plusnet actually do what it promises though.... reluctant to spend out more. May have to resort to this though. Could you do this with any router? I have also read the instructions and it has blown my tiny little mind!!!!