Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since maintenance on 26th & 27th May, my current line speed has dropped

Vivi-S
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Since maintenance on 26th & 27th May, my current line speed has dropped

After BT maintenance on 26 & 27th May causing disconnection, I reconnected to the internet but my speed was below 1 mbps. Normally I have a speed at about 3.7 mbps. (I must add I always seem to have problems with my broadband speed AFTER maintenance). I rang Plusnet on Friday 28th May & related the problem & my speed has improved to about 2 mbps, but it still below my normal speed. As my speed isn't very fast anyway, losing even a little speed is not good. I rang Customer Service again & was asked to re-boot my router again as requested & to initiate a fault if no better. My broadband speed has not improved (it actually went down lower).  It is still about 2 mbps with a current line speed of 2.6 mbps. The technicians I have spoken to have been very polite & helpful, but I am rather perplexed as to why this problem has happened again. It happened last year as well & took a long time to rectify. Please could my broadband line speed be stabilised again at around 3.7 mbps? I have had no problems with my computer, which is all up-to-date and my broadband speed was stable until this recent BT maintenance. I am sure the disconnection due to maintenance caused it to look like a fault on the line & so my speed has been reduced.  As I have a low speed anyway, I would appreciate it being back to where it was before the maintenance.  I have raised a fault No: 126753656 but no reply yet.  I have been a Plusnet customer for 3 years & really would appreciate my line speed being set at around 3.7 mbps so I can achieve around 3.4 mbps. Thank you for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Since maintenance on 26th & 27th May, my current line speed has dropped

I can see that one of my colleagues in our faults team is currently working on your fault. He should be contacting you shortly.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Vivi-S
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Since maintenance on 26th & 27th May, my current line speed has dropped

Dear Anoush~

Thank you very much.