cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signature Limits

zubel
Community Veteran

Signature Limits

Could I please remind certain individuals amongst you of the link:rules, specifically:
Signatures should use no more space than 4 lines of standard sized text would, this includes any blank lines and images you choose to use.

I've already seen many instances of signatures that contain LARGE text which is already wrapping on my screen, and certainly taking up more landscape than 4 lines of normal text would.  I have also seen quotations in sigs that exceed this limitation.
I will take the liberty of removing signatures that do not conform, within reason, to the forum rules
Please can you look at your signature and make any amendments that you think necessary. 
Thanks
B.
73 REPLIES 73
avalon
Grafter

Re: Signature Limits

[me=me]is viewing the forums in widescreen. :-[[/me]
That better?
zubel
Community Veteran

Much better, thanks Smiley
B.
techguy
Grafter

Mine ok Barry?
zubel
Community Veteran

Yes Mitch, yours is fine Smiley
B.
Lurker
Grafter

Hmm - perhaps its mine?
Don't you have a HUGE monitor Baz?
Will sort it out...
Spider
Grafter

Barry, I think you need to increase the font size of the second line of your signature. It is a bit small  Wink at this volatile time.
techguy
Grafter

I agree with Spider, Barry
zubel
Community Veteran

I have a dinky little 1280x800 EeePC, upon which some signatures are just using too much vertical landscape.
It's all about me, remember Tongue
B.
p.s. - there are no minimum Sig size limits Tongue
techguy
Grafter

Think its for your own safety Barry as you can (on occasion) sound like a PN employee
avalon
Grafter

Quote from: Barry
I have a dinky little 1280x800 EeePC, upon which some signatures are just using too much vertical landscape.
B.

I was using my 32" widescreen telly as a monitor when I did my sig.  And didn't see much wrong with my sig except I didn't like the blue colour round the quote. Grin
Oh and there is a minimum Sig size limit.  Zero.  You can't get a smaller sig than nothing. Tongue
scootie
Grafter

asbo reporting for a sig check. does it fit on your little portable t.v o.k barry Wink
Lurker
Grafter

[me=James_G]directs BZ to his profile, where he can select the option to not display any signatures in the forum, thus removing the issue entirely for him, and freeing up space on his pretend machine.[/me]

[me=James_G]also concedes that an EEE is better than an iPhone, since BZ doesn't appear to have locked any threads accidentally...[/me]
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

B.

If it's about vertical landscape, why have you left trailing blank lines on the end of your post? Tongue
See http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,72527.0.html
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
glyndev
Grafter

Must be mine. But missing the last couple of words would totally lose the importance of the message in the sig  Cry