cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick to death of Plusnet, happy to take the money for 18+ months though.

Busman31
Hooked

Sick to death of Plusnet, happy to take the money for 18+ months though.

Plusnet and without prejudice: I am becoming increasingly more frustrated at the service we have, we went over to plusnet at our old address, we moved and asked to take the service with us but no, we could not, we had to cancel that service which was an 18 month contract as far as I was aware and then open up another contract at the new address and I have no been told the contract length is far longer than our old one.,.I did not sign anything and I feel like We have been duped by you terribly.

Now, the service we have here has been dropping since we moved in, the line crackles badly some days, if we answer the phone the broadband drops, I have tried to raise this many times only for you to sell me try this and that multiple times over, how's about you get on and sort it, I am tempted to take this to a lawyer and see what they make of it. I have so far, bought a new non digital phone plus a new digital non dect cordless phone, all new cables and filters, and lastly, had the new plusnet modem/router delivered some 4 weeks or so ago.. Nothing, in fact I would say it is worse.

I have noticed that when the line drops and i pickup the digital phone you can hear the crackling, i go to the master socket and plug in the standard phone and the crackling stops, i then plug the digital phone back in and I can once more connect though it all depends on how long it stays on for.

I can absolutely assure you that when your fraudulent contract is up for renewal we shall be going elsewhere, you are extremely rude and only care about getting figures, money in for what, the shareholders? Yet you have enough money to show dire adverts on the television to say you care... FAIL!!!! Every time I have contacted you you say, ok, we shall send out an engineer but it may well cost you.... How about you get this sorted once an for all, we have been at this new address 18 months + and is now beyond a joke.

19 REPLIES 19
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Sick to death of Plusnet, happy to take the money for 18+ months though.

Have you come here seeking help or just to sound off?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Busman31 - The crackling on your line is indicative of a fault, I would suggest you get that fixed before any true diagnosis can be made. If your phone line is with Plusnet then give them a call and they can test it for you.

Also how long is the new contract?

Busman31
Hooked

@baldrick Seems like you have too much time on your hands..how is this response of any value whatsoever?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I think Baldrick1's reply has great value if it discourages folk like you and many others from constantly moaning on this forum about how bad PlusNet is, instead of taking the necessary steps to report faults and get them fixed.Wink

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

What an angry person you are insulting a forum member putting forward a suggestion.

You're not helping yourself are you.?

If phone has no crackling when you plug in phone to the Master Socket it may well indicate

problem with your wiring downstream of this socket; everything DOWNSTREAM is your

responsibility.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Busman31 wrote:

I have noticed that when the line drops and i pickup the digital phone you can hear the crackling, i go to the master socket and plug in the standard phone and the crackling stops,

There's a big clue there!

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Busman31
Hooked

lmao real ale..drunkard maybe?!  go and wipe you nose!.. the service is rubbish, simple.

Busman31
Hooked

Gel.. go and dissipate....

The master socket is on the very wend wall which has wires which then go outside. so what are you attempting to say, that the wire up the outer wall to the post is MY responsibility? lmao, I think you are all on drugs here, the service is utter rubbish, the customer service is somewhere in where ever and you sit here and stick your oar in and dis me whilst browning your nose to such a horrible company... 

Busman31
Hooked

Well yes, well done Khz it is a clue but it is also the 2nd brand new phone I have no purchased in this property and all digital or cordless phones do the same. if one is fast enough when changing the phones over on the master socket you can just about catch the crackling on the standard non digital phone, then it goes quiet. Then as I said before, plug the digital one in again and the connection works albeit for an unknown time.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Baldrick1 wrote:

Have you come here seeking help or just to sound off?

This was a serious question. If all you want to do is sound off as to how bad Plusnet is then there's no point in any-one (even if they have time on their hands) attempting to help you.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Busman31
Hooked

This is a serious question, however and with no disrespect but like the others, you are not plusnet support, not a bonafide technician in the field of telephony., the trouble with these forums is that there are too many do gooders sticking their noses in with inappropriate suggestions rather than taking the question on board and doing some good with it.

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

If the other members who have offered their help have any sense you'll be on your own from now on @Busman31 - you are by far the most personally abusive poster I've ever seen on these forums. 

Do whatever you have to do, as long as that doesn't include making further seriously unpleasant posts on this forum (I don't suppose you bothered to read the Forum Rules before posting?)

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@Busman31 Have a look at the "How to Speed up your Broadband Video" on this link.

It will hopefully help you understand what could be wrong with your internal wiring and give you some ideas of what you can do to help improve your service.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Busman31 wrote:

This is a serious question, however and with no disrespect but like the others, you are not plusnet support, not a bonafide technician in the field of telephony.

Here YOU are being very disrespectful.  True the Users offering to help are not Plusnet support, but please check their Forum track record in resolving problems such as you present before you lash out.

If you really want help, calm down a bit and be more helpful, if not I guess you're on your own.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.