cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick to death of Plusnet, happy to take the money for 18+ months though.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Sick to death of Plusnet, happy to take the money for 18+ months though.

Moderator's note:

Sadly @Busman31 appears to be unwilling to accept assistance from other forum members but that is his right.

I would therefore reluctantly advise others to refrain from posting in this thread and leave @Busman31 to sort his issues with PlusNet.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Busman31
Hooked

But there is still no sensible help, you all gang up almost like you are shareholders or even believe the television advert somehow, it is like a scene out of invasion of the body snatchers for goodness sake, take a good look at yourselves, sick to death of this snowflake society where you cannot even open you mouth without some modern age fairy taking offence and I say that with the best possible taste lol... I did try to unsubscribe from this thread but am being held captive it seems..if you all had your way, one would be in the stocks!!!

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Busman31 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your service

I've had a look through your account and previous ticket history, and, whilst I can see we have indeed had previous correspondence with you regarding problems on your Phone Line - I can't see recent contact from you regarding this issue? The last diagnostic ticket is a good few months ago. 

I have had a look at your line today as well, I can indeed see that you have had regular disconnections - here is a copy of your RADIUS log;

Whilst we can see these drops, our testing is not finding the root cause of the issue. 

A WLR3 line test has passed with no fault found (i ran 3 just to make sure) and a xDSL Status Check is not providing much more helpful information; 

xDSL Status Test Summary

Sync Status:Circuit In Sync

General Information

NTE Status:NTE Power Status:PowerOnBypass Status:

Upstream DSL Link InformationDownstream DSL Link Information

Loop Loss:23.440.5

SNR Margin:6.66.4

Errored Seconds:20

HEC Errors:0

Cell Count:00

Speed:11279726

A few points of interest on this however;
- the SNR margin is slightly above it's target Db, we are able to rectify this however.

- the speeds re between the 6.5 to 14Mbps Estimated Speed Range that our Supplier has provided for your line. 

I do apologise for the service which are receiving, I'd recommend starting with basic checks here

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here

I understand that you may have been provided these steps in the past - however, as I mentioned previously, we have had no recent contact regarding your service and therefore we must go through all relevant diagnostic steps. 

If the problem still persists from here we will go down the route of raising a fault.

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

But there is still no sensible help

Are you able to connect your router to the test socket, at least for long enough to see whether the line still disconnects?   If it's OK connected there, we next need to find out whether phone calls interfere, so connect a dangly filter to the test jack, connect the router and your analogue phone to that filter and test both router and phone.   If that all works, next test with one of your "problem" phones.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@aesmith See https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/Sick-to-death-of-Plusnet-happy-to-take-the-money-for-18-mont...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'